Review by championgamer

"Sounds like a good game, but very disappointing"

This game is a baseball game that I didn't really enjoy playing and that I would not recommend unless you have thousands of dollars to spend.

Graphics 6 out of 10

The graphics for this game are ok but they don't look great or perform the best. The graphics for players make them look a little too generic but this is the strength of the game. Really, I don't have much to say about the graphics but that they are low-quality and probably made on the cheap by Sega.

Commentary 5 out of 10

This game has a decent commentary, but like almost all sports games it is too repetitive. If you play a few games, you will hear the same phrases repeat again and again to the point where you might want to turn off the commentary.

Feel 1 out of 10

This game doesn't capture the feel of baseball in any aspect and is more boring to play or watch than a Little League game.

Controls 1 out of 10

The controls for this game are the worst I've ever found in a sports game. I couldn't even hit the ball because the controls were awful and every ball I pitched was right up the middle or at the batter's head.

Gameplay 3 out of 10

The gameplay of this game isn't on par with certain nameless other sports games. In this game, you play a game of baseball but it is not fun in the slightest. Besides that, beating the computer is as easy as a team that isn't on steroids beating a team that is when there have equal natural talent on each team. If you only care about playing exhibitions, buy another game because this one does a poor job of playing games.

Franchise 4 out of 10

The first thing I look for in a game is the ability to own more than 1 team and that is not in this game. This game requires you to run only 1 team in the franchise mode for as long as you play. The franchise is (slightly) realistic and some people with low standards might like it. I'm going to stick with Baseball Mogul to play franchise modes.

Fun 2 out of 10

One thing I realized when I first played this game is that all of the game modes are not fun at all. If you want a fun game, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

Rent or Buy

I would say that you should buy it if you can get it for $10 or less but don't rent it. Make sure though that you don't mind the inability to run a league and the poor quality of the on-field modes.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 11/19/03