Review by treecat22

"Better than the first?"

This game is the sequel to the greatest hits game Jak and Daxter the Precursor Legacy and it is well worth the title if you liked the first then you should love this one. But keep in mind this game is much more challenging than the first game and it is also a lot darker. This is also a very humorous game in some parts.

Story (10/10)
The story of Jak 2 is much better than the story of the first Jak and Daxter. Jak 2 takes place two years after the first Jak and Daxter. Jak was captured and tortured with dark eco for two years by the Baron. Now Daxter comes in and saves him and Jak wants revenge. The story goes on but I don't want to spoil anything.

Gameplay (10/10)
The gameplay is much more challenging than in the first game and it is also better. It is a mission based game unlike the first and Jak now has the ability to steal vehicles and drive around the huge city. He can also use guns in this game which get upgrades. But there is only 4 guns in the game which I was disappointed with at first but it worked out really well for this game. One of the best features is the ability to transform into Dark Jak (basically a super strong Jak that can't use guns). The gameplay in this game is perfect but if you want to collect items like in the first you might just want to rent this game.

Graphics (10/10)
The graphics in this game are very smooth and crisp. They are also very clear. This game has some very good graphics and sometimes I just want to walk around the city and look at the buildings, people, and vehicles. The graphics are just beautiful.

Sound (9/10)
This is the only place where the game is lacking. The sound just isn't that great it is ok but not the best. I would have liked to have heard more music from the first game in this one. I'm not saying the game has bad music and sound I just didn't think they were as good as the first overall. But Jak talks in this one which I think is a nice addition.

Overall (10/10)
This game is one of the best platformer/action games on the PS2 it is just a great game and there is a lot to do in the game after you beat it too. There is a lot of secrets. This game is definitely worth $40.00. If this is not really your type of game I think you should still rent it. Yes, this game truly is as good as the first in fact it is much better.

Rent or Buy: I would say it is a must own especially since it is only $40.00. So it is a Buy.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/18/03