Review by ihopeyouareok

"Great is a stretch... I'd say Very Good..."

Okay, NCAA Football 2004 had tons of hype, but did it deliver? I think so... to an extent. Most who have played it think its the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I don't know about that.

Just a slight upgrade from NCAA Football 2003. Nice, crisp, and clean for the most part, but nothing special. I was going to give them a 7 but the awesome stadiums bump it up to an 8.

Gameplay/Controls: 9/10
You can't get much better in the gameplay/controls department. Everything works nicely and I couldn't think up a better controller layout if I had to. The computer AI is great because there are 4 levels of difficulty (Junior Varsity, Varsity, All-American, and Heisman) plus sliders for little things like Computer Interceptions AI et cetera... this is great because any player can figure out a perfect difficulty/slider scheme for their personal taste.

Pretty good sound. Its got its ups and its downs. I personally get really tired of hearing the constant fight songs in the menus though. I would rather them just save that for on the field. All the crashes, booms, and bangs sound nice on the field and the crowd noise is good. I would've given sound a 7, but I really like all of the crowd chants, so that deserves another point.

Value: 10/10
Perfect. There's tons to keep you busy for a long time. From creating a school to creating a player to playing classic scenarios to starting up a dynasty with your favorite team... its all here. The dynasty is much improved and has little added details which will keep any power-hungry player happy for a very long time. I'm sure I'll be playing NCAA Football 2004 until 2005 comes out. All these features plus the multiplayer and Internet capabilities just make for an endlessly fun game.

Create Modes: 7/10
Well, you can make schools, players, and coaches. I would've liked much more improvements in all three categories, but you take what you can get I guess. They finally included some nice dreads to the hair section of creating players which is awesome. The coach editing feature still sucks and I wish it was much more in-depth. The school creating feature isn't that improved, but is still good.

Overall:8/10
Very Good. Although there are some improvements and additions to last year's NCAA Football 2003, I was still expecting a little more. Still a fun game that anyone can enjoy.

Buy/Rent/Poop On
Definitely buy. I'm not a very big sports fan and I love it, I can't imagine anyone not liking this game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 07/19/03, Updated 07/19/03