Review by patman16

"play first, and ask questions later"

This is a really great game. The new 3D addition has made this game even cooler than all the other Worms games in 2D.
Also, new utilities and weapons have been added, like the Scales of Justice and the Nuclear Test.

Graphics 9/10

The new 3D graphics are pretty good. I was amazed at how good they were. This is a whole lot better than all the other Worms games. The weapon graphics are awesome!! They look really, really cool. The worms look cool too. The level graphics are great.

Gameplay 100/10

This is where the game really shines. I could go on and on about everything there is to do in this game. All the weapons are perfect. This is the ultimate party game. The only thing I didn't like is that only 4 teams could play, but it wasn't so bad that it ruined the game. I also wish that they would have kept the death match because I liked that a lot. The weapons are really cool too. My personal favorite is the Holy Hand Grenade. The levels should be longer.

Story 3/10

The isn't really any story, just that a farmer named Boggy Pete is doing a lot of bad stuff. I guess there really isn't a story, but hey, what does it matter anyway.

Sound 8/10

It was pretty good. There are a lot of worm voices to choose from. I especially liked the alien voice. Although it was not perfect, I still liked it. There was supposed to be a cool theme song, but I haven't heard it yet.

Replay 10/10

This game has an infinite replay value. Single and multiplayer are both really fun. Multiplayer is endless though. The wormpot addition makes it more endless with thousands of combinations. The challenges will keep you going too because you can keep making and breaking new records. I really wish there was online play. The XBOX version is supposed to have online play when it comes out (lucky). It doesn't really matter for people who don't care about online play though.

Buy/Rent

Well, if you have never played a Worms game before, you should rent this first to see if you like it. If you have
played other Worms games, buy it, you will be surprised how much better this game is than the others. Also, it is cheap, so if if you don't like it you didn't waste a whole lot of money.

I hope my review helped you make a choice to buy the game, or shows you how good this game is.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/23/04