"I Have The Need For Speed!"

The first time I heard about this game I was not really interested, until I saw a trailer and read some reviews about it then it sucked me into buying the game. The features in this game include Circuit where you race around the track a number of laps. Sprint where you race from point A to B. Drag where it's a flat out race and see who is the fastest. Then there's drift. This is where you score massive style points by sliding around turns.

The graphics are good. Some say the frame rate is too slow, but I barely notice it. That's really nothing big, I mean graphics do not make the game. I love the fact when you use NOS in the game the screen blurs because your going so fast.

Controls: 10/10

I see nothing wrong here to me its flawless. You can choose to use auto or manual handling when driving your car. The controls to me are very smooth. From controlling your car to powerslide or drift the controls handle smoothly.

Sound/Music: 10/10

The sound of your engine changing gears, hearing the turbo, and my personal favorite when you activate NOS and hear the car roar past your opponents. Makes you feel like your in your actually in your car racing past the other cars. There is a variety of music in this game. You have your rap from LiL Jon & Eastside Boyz. Then you have your rock/alternative like Rob Zombie & Static. All these types of music really make the game more enjoyable and plus they all sound great!

You can choose from a variety of things to do. You can choose Underground Mode where you start off as a newbie and then work your way up the ranks getting money and style points to unlock cars, visuals, and performance items for your car. Play under quick race mode to earn some money and style points or to practice the race tracks to get better at them. Go head to head with a friend to play circuit, sprint, drag, or drift. Last, but not least you can go online and show off your car and race with people around the world. Once you acquire enough money, you can buy visual items to make your car look good. From bumpers, rims, paint, spoilers, mufflers, engine, decals, vinyls, lights, hood, window tinting, and side skirts I think that's most of them...whew that's a lot of stuff you can customize!

Replay Value: 10/10

There are lots of things to do before you get bored with this game. Once you beat it once you still haven't unlocked all the unique visuals and performance items. So you have to go choose another car and start again.

Rent or Buy?

This is a great game. As I said, there are a lot of things you can do in this game and once you play you'll get addicted to the game until you have done every possible thing there is to do. Well what are you waiting for? Get off your butt and get this great game!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/29/03