Review by Spurius

"Way better than Midnight Club II"

First of all, I hate giving games 10's. Because a game is usually never perfect. But this game is. When I first got Midnight Club II, I thought it was great, but after playing this game, Midnight Club II seems just like another crappy racing game. The first time I raced on this game, I looked at the graphics in AW; they are some of the best graphics in a racing game I’ve seen. Also, let me just say right now, the sound in this game is better than in any racing game, or any video game period for that matter. So let me start.

Sound

the sound in this game is better than in any other racing game I’ve ever played. And I’ve played a lot of racing games. When you pass a sign, or a car, or a fence, you can hear the wind. Like in a real Nascar race, when the cars go flying by you. Never before have I heard something like this in a racing game.
The music in this game is very great... If you like rap. If you don't, you'll probably find yourself turning the music off. You can hear the sound effects better anyway. But they have put the most popular music into this game, unlike Midnight Club, where they have either fake people, or people no one has ever heard of... Who is Agallah anyway?

Graphics

like I said above, they are great. They aren't choppy or anything. Perfect. The environment is just wonderful. It will be hard to beat these. So Rockstar has a challenge to fulfil while making Midnight Club III (if they do)
What I mostly like about the Graphics is that, instead of other games, where you can't see very far ahead, the traffic in this game actually has headlights. Good headlights, that you can see from far away in time to get out the way from hitting the car.
Although, the only thing I don't like about the traffic is that... Imagine your drag racing, going 200 miles an hour, and a car hits you head on. ''Oh well, I’ll just flip around a few times, and land. No harm done to my car or me'' Really? Well that's some car you have there. They haven't even worked a little damage into the cars into this game. Of course, they really haven't in any of their games. But I'd like to see some damage happening to the cars in upcoming Need For Speed games.

Playability

The controls in this game make it really easy and fun to play. It's easy to use the NOS when you need to; It’s easy to do everything. Couldn't be better.

Overall Entertainment

Very Fun. You'll find yourself starting to play at 11:00 AM, and end up stopping at 7:00 PM that day. It is in my opinion, one of the greatest racing games ever. More realistic too. If you’re racing in 2:00 in the morning, there aren't going to be too many cars in the road. I think that they got that down.
Another thing is that the AI in this game is so good. In other games, you just see them run right into a car. You just see them go strait at a car, almost as if they meant to do it. In this game, you see them actually try to get away from the car. Also the traffic AI in this game is great. If you see a car, going 150 miles an hour coming at you, are you going to swerve into them to make sure they hit you? No. Luckily this game isn't like that.
All these things add up to the best racing game ever. This is the only racing game I’ve ever given a 10/10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/26/03