Review by Kain vs Raziel

"Real good, but could have been better."

I am a big fan of Legacy of Kain games, But this game was a little to straight forward and did not have enough challenging puzzles. In the Raziel series they had enough puzzles to make it a real mind blower, but this game, like I said, was a little straight foward, and was more about fighting.(most cases you can just run away and not fight at all.)

The gameplay was great and handled real good. The only setback was you could not take your opponets weapons like Soul Reaver one and two. The camera view is annoying at first but you will get used to it, however there are some places were the view should have been like it used to be.

Awesome blood curtailing graphics, especially on kain's missions. The graphics were really good compared to the other games and I consider them to be some of the best for the PS2. I like how they made the souls and the blood effect was really cool also. The blood spatters and how blood is left on the wall was also pretty cool effects.

The sound was also great. They brought back some of the old music from the older games. However it was wierd to play as Raziel because of the strange ''music'' they play, it was kinda disturbed! (I say just turn off the music while playing as Raziel)

Life Span 7/10
This game was a two time thrill. After the first time you probablly wont care to play it again, unless you are a fan, don't get me wrong, it is still a real good game. You will, however, want to play it again just to experiment with moves and TK moves.

Story 9/10
Story was good, it really helps the game series and keeps it interesting. It also makes you want to find out what happends next, mind catcher.(curiosity hooker)

Special Features 7/10
The special features were interesting and fun to unlock, But they could have put some of Kain's cinemas (beginner or ender of a game) as a special/unlockable feature. It was also a good idea to make an ''all feature unlock'' at the end of the game so that if you missed one or two you would have them at the end.

You might want to rent it, but if you are a fan you will want to buy it.(might want to wait till price drops)I also hope they will come out with the next game soon.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/20/03