Review by starfox6492

"Of all the MGS games..."

Intro:
When I first saw this game, I was a little uneasy about playing it. But as soon as I picked up the controller, I thought I fell in love. People who are familiar with the series could definitely agree that this is the best of the series created.

This game was so enjoyable, I would spend any free time playing it. Sometimes I would think I was playing for an hour, when I really played for about three. The game is rather difficult though, so beginners who have just bought the game should probably set the difficulty to easy or very easy. The guards are not nearly as smart as in previous games, and they aren't as strong either. The controls are slightly complicated, but become second nature once you finish about a quarter of the game.

The story behind the action was interesting, but very confusing. It was difficult to keep up with this person's origin and that person's relationship with another. It would have been more understandable if the game had a little more background info. It is also unclear what period on the Metal Gear Solid timeline this game takes place, although I think it takes place after the first and second games.

The graphics in this game were astonishing. The environments were so animated. Animals were moving everywhere and the trees don't look flat. The characters look exceptionally detailed and their faces changed with their mood instead of staying unanimated.

The Music is also amazing. Every time I was spotted, the quick change in the music set my heart to racing! The voice acting was excellent. Snake sounds the same (which is good!), The End sounds old and The Fear sounds creepy, but Volgin sounds cheesy.

Playtime/Replayability: 7/10
This game took me about 12-15 hours to complete. After playing through the game once, I was anxious to play it again. Playing the game a second time around lets you collect items that you weren't able to access before.

Final Recommendation:
Although the MGS is supposed to be a stealth game, this one is mainly a slaughter the enemies game. I think that this game would make a great gift for anybody who enjoys an action shooting game and can handle a M rated game. I also recommend this game to fans of the series. This is definately a game to die for.
Final Score: 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/26/08

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (US, 11/17/04)