Review by Jack_369

"Very good but not metal gear like."

Hello this is the first review that I am writing and the game that I am writing about is non other than Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater which takes place in 1964 in the deep jungles of Russia where you the player play as Naked Snake on his top secret mission to stop a nuclear weapon and nuclear war. I have always been a big fan of the metal gear series but I always felt that this game was not metal gear like but is still a good game to play.

Game Play: the game play is good the controls are not to hard to figure out and combat is easy. However there is no radar something that's been there since Metal Gear 2 (not mgs2) its not bad but the most difficult thing to deal with is the camo. I remember when the whole point was to hide and sneak by but now you have to hide in plain site (not the tv show) which is not worth it in any way because no matter how high you get the camo index a guard will walk by look say "whats that" and then___!___alert and once that happens its very hard to hide. Also sneaking by is hard most of the time because everything is too well guarded so you have to take out a guard or two or three and that's when CQC comes into play. CQC is sometimes useful but most of the time its not; which makes it harder to use the good old fashion chocking guards to death from MGS1 and 2 and for that I give game play a 6 out 10.

Story: the story is good, great even however as I stated before not metal gear like. Why you might ask well it might have to do with the fact that the nuclear weapon you face has nothing to do with the series name sake, or it might have to do with a philosophy that most people don't understand, or it could be that some view it as a metal gear version of James Bond (no offence to James Bond fans) but no matter what its still a good story but as I said not metal gear like. 7/10

Graphics/Sound: I usually don't care about graphics but as part of a review I will wright about it. The graphics are good but I often felt that it looked a little gritty or grainy as if too much detail went into it as opposed to the Metal Gear Solid 2 graphics which I viewed as being a little more solid (no pun intended) I was also disappointed in the fire graphics which look like a bunch of red and yellow wavy panels put together but that's just me. The music was great but I felt as though it didn't fit into the game well and only a few fit in and I always loved the music that the metal gear series provides. Voice acting as usual is the best in a metal gear game and this one is no exception. graphics 6/10-music 8/10-voice acting 9/10

Play Time/Replay:Your first play through like mine will most likely be 15-16+ hours after that it would be 2-5+ hours (unless if you like to take your time playing). As for replay this game is by all means worth playing again and again because there's always something new to do. play time 10\10-replay 10\10

Over All: This game is worth buying and searching for, for it is a very good game but unfortunately it is still not metal gear like but still worth buying and playing. Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater 7 Out Of 10

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 08/17/09

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (US, 11/17/04)