Review by Zydicore

"Metal Gear Solid 3: The greatest Metal Gear Solid yet?"

The series has come a long way, it's been around for a while now and even since the beginning, it has proved itself in its genre. There are many things to discuss about this game. Read on if you'd like to find out about them.

Unfortunately, the graphics were the only let down. It's honestly hard to tell if they have improved any since the previous Metal Gear Solid, but they still are far from bad. The graphics could have been much better, and thats why I didn't rate them a 10/10.

As usual, the sound excels. All of the Metal Gear Solid's have a tradition of performing well in the category of sound. The voice acting is done very well, the guns and missiles are very realistic, and the music sets the correct atmosphere for a game such as this. The sound is a very nice feature of MGS3.

This part is hard to say; I am a fan of all the previous MGS's, so I find the gameplay to be exciting and entertaining. However, for someone who is not a fan of the series, the gameplay might be a little boring at first. The positive side, though, is that the more you play, the more you will begin to get used to and admire the gameplay. It could have been done slightly better (to appeal to all audiences) and that's why it didn't receive a perfect 10.

Controls: 10/10
The controls were done well, as the previous Metal Gear Solid's also did. You can control your character quite effectively. The only gripe I have about the controls is the crouching. Many times during the game I died due to the fact that I crouched down and got shot at while I was trying to get back up to a stand figure and run away. Besides that minor detail, the controls are very, very well done.

Overall: 9.7/10
If you are a fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, this is a must have for you. Even if you're not a huge fan of the series, you should still check this exciting game for the PS2 out. It offers more than you'd think at first.

Rent or Buy?
For MGS fans, definitely buy. If you are new to the series, give it a rent and see if you like it. You probably will.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/19/04