Review by SolidLogan

"Metal Gear Solid 3 : Hideo's Greatest Masterpiece"

The Metal Gear Solid series is without a doubt a series that has continually been able to revolutionize the gaming industry with every new installment. Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater is no exception. I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan so I had big expectations for this game. The game has been completed and it was worth the wait! Below you'll see a fairly short review on why I believe Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best game I've ever played.

StoryLine: 10/10

Many people were dissappointed with Metal Gear Solid 2's storyline and just gave up on the Metal Gear Solid series because of it. DONT GIVE UP YET! Hideo Kojima and the other writers have put together a great storyline that answers many of the questions huge fans of the series had. This time along you control Snake through out the whole game and you don't have to worry about major plot twists that confuse the heck out of you. MGS3's storyline moves along as easy as the first Metal Gear Solid game. Most people believe that the story would have been much more engaging if it took place after the events of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty. I'm also a believer in this, but it's scary to think that it can get better than Metal Gear Solid 3, which it most likely will if the next installment gets made.

The gameplay in this game will not dissappoint anyone. It has SO much more depth than Metal Gear Solid 2 that you'll feel like you're playing a completely different game. You'll have to use several new strategies in order to complete the missions at hand. The Boss Battles are no dissapointment in this game, they're all incredible and have you thinking out several strategies in order to reach a justice. The camera could use a little bit of work however but any skilled gamer won't worry about it at all. Yet, it can be better. By the time you beat this game you'll understand why Snake gets his new Codename.

Up to par with the previous Metal Gear Solid games. David Hayter is back and is joined with a great cast. Harry Gregson Williams is back and gives gamers the music that will definitely get the blood flowing. Rika Muranaka provides her soothing music and all this greatness runs on Dolby Pro Logic II. Simple 10.

The graphics on this game will make you as proud as MGS2's graphics did. As you play you might think that the same amount of work that was put on to MGS2 was put on to this game but this is not the case. MGS3:Snake Eater contains highly interactive areas and much improved character models that at times you will notice minor slowdown. But it doesn't take anything way from the experience and is it's very rare. Graphics on this game are SOLID.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater has all the greatness of the previous Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 and much more. This is an EPIC game in every sense of the word. Hideo Kojima has given Metal Gear Solid Series fans a masterpiece well worth the wait. He dishes Grade A Hollywood looking cutscenes. Tells a very in-depth story and makes his philosophies "on life and the times" clear. I'm very much looking forward to the next Metal Gear game which has already been announced. Until then I got this game to keep me busy. I've played 100's of games in my time, this game has gone on to be the best game I've ever played.

"There's room for only one Snake and one Big Boss"

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/22/04