can I beat the troublesome pair quest with my stuff?

1. I need to know If i can beat the troublesome pair quest with
    Armor:
    Monoblos Torso
    Monoblos Gauntlets
    Monoblos Helm
    Rathlos Tasset
    Rathlos Greaves

Weapons:
    Seigmund
    Iron Katana (Upgrading to eager cleaver eventually)
    Tarnished Great Sword (Need 99 more earth crystals to get final)
    Red Wing (Need a rathlos wing to upgrade)

My general strategy is use my seigmund and hunt down which ever one i find first and kill it. Usually the rathian is the one first to die. I can kill it in like 15-20 minutes easily but by the time i'm going for the rathlos i don't have any potions left. i figure i can win easily if i do a combination of things: kill rathlos first because he's harder, bring mega potions (all i do is take the first aid meds and 10 potions), or i could take out the rathian first if i dont waste all my healing items.
    I have never played online. i have never needed help from anyone defeating anything on monster hunter before but i do play freedom 2. This obviously is the last mission before i beat the game, please help me
    kthnxbai!

User Info: MasturfulRazor

MasturfulRazor - 7 years ago

1. Your armor and Siegmund will work fine.

Keep in mind that the offline Rathalos and Rathian from TP are the equivalent of the online 13+ versions of themselves, meaning that they have more health, attack power, and defence.

I usually go after the Los 1st, since he can be quite the nuisance to kill, what with flying every 2 or 3 hits... Depending how quickly he goes down (15 minutes or less) I'll either restart or proceed to the Ian.

Things I take with me are:

10 x Mega Potions
    1 x Pitfall Trap and enough materials for 2 more (For use on Ian only
    10 x Flash Bombs
    5 x Well-done steaks
    10 x Herbal Medicine, and
    All of your books

Plus whatever you get in the box.

Good luck.

User Info: Cathbar

Cathbar (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0