Question from hotbigtoad

Attacking your own hood?

I'm at the part where certain parts of the map are color coded. Purple for Ballas, Yellow for Mexican gang, and Green for Grove Family.

But the other day, I saw a group of three Ballas in my territory. I shot them, and it said that I had provoked a gang war. That portion of my hood started flashing red. I killed all the Ballas involved in the attack, and it said that this hood is now mine, but it was already.

Does that do anything? Like, for example, is that portion of my hood going to generate more money in front of my house now, or something like that? Or nothing?

hotbigtoad provided additional details:

No, mikeseanclifton, I would never attack my hood. I love the fam' and all. I just killed some Ballas that were walking around in my area, and it triggered a war in my area. And Sweet united the families, so I shouldn't have to worry about that anymore.

overcracker answered:

Its just the way the gang war engine works. A Gang war will be triggered by killing 3 gang members in a gang controlled area. regardless of whether or not the territory is the same color as the gang members you kill or not.

You can even try to do it again yourself.

Get a tow truck and find a car with at least 3 gang members and tow it either to one of your territories or a gang territory that is not the one of the gang members in the car. Then let the get out of the car and kill them you should provoke a gang war even though the territory doesn't belong to them.

However you don't gain anything extra for it .
3 0

Answers

kikicoolf15 answered:

Maybe.
0 0

mikeseanclifton answered:

Why would you wanna attack your own 'hood to start with? You're supposed to love your 'hood, not attack it!
0 0

mikeseanclifton answered:

Remember that not all the green area are yours. There's 3 sets. Grove, Seville, and Temple. They hate each other until Sweet brings them back together right before Ryder and Smoke turncoat on them. But are you tryna say I can start a war in my own area by killing 3 of my own guys? Why would I wanna do that?!
2 1

MAGAZINE132 answered:

MAYBE the game put the ballas gang to your territory by an accident (a ballas gang car drive around and reach your territory), you attack them,then war.
you will not gain money,but maybe some respect cuz you kill many ballas
0 0