Question from Skypetlight

Why my GTA San Andreas keeps freezing?

My GTA San Andreas disc it's not original, it's a copied disc (my PS2 can read copied discs), anyway, my disc it's completely scratched, so, it was normal for the game to freeze, later I got another new disc, but the game it's still freezing, I can only play like 1 to 2 minutes and then the games says something like: "Cannot read GTA San Andreas disc". This happens with the scratched disc and the new disc. I don't know if it's a memory problem, a PS2 problem, or a disc problem.

Skypetlight provided additional details:

I played the game without a memory card and it still freezes, and all of my other games work completely normal.

janeluke asked for clarification::

I would not a ps2 from target because they break within the same week look around the second hand places

username5432112 answered:

My game did that before i got a new ps2 and the reason for me was that i saved the game with several cheats almost over 1000 cheats and then it broke my ps2
3 1

Answers

DeathRider188 answered:

It sounds to me like a reader problem, as if the laser reader can't pick up the CD. As a CD player would read an audio CD, you might need to open up your ps2 and fix the laser...but with prices as low as they are for ps2, I'de go out and get a new one at any ps2 selling store, best buy, target, Walmart...just to name a few.
2 2

ILHELPYOU_HOMIE answered:

Havin the same probs as u my friend.
0 5

battletankz answered:

If you save your game with certain cheats activated like pedestrians riot those type of cheats mess the game up and can corrupt the data on your memory card making it so it is useless in one case my memerory card would corrupt data on a daily bases but not the game that caused it i trhink it is a protocal programed in the game so when the cheat is activated it shorts out the memory card which would make sense considering it is hard to ruin a memory card so that may be a way that they raise their sales
0 2

veruni1388 answered:

I agree with above, try to play it without memory card to check whether it is memory problem or not (though it is low chance that it was your ps2 problems coz the other games should had the same problem too). Coz' I think that it doesn't matter whether your disc is original or not. I had similar problem too after I used cheat and the game freeze right a minute after I save it. (or if it is not the case can you give more detailed on what you do before the game freeze?)
0 1

1KingOfGames answered:

It can be plenty of reasons. 1 your disc might be scratched. 2 like deathrider said it could be a problem with the reader. Also if you have used cheats then that could also affect how the game runs
0 2

leftyslate answered:

As long as theres scratches on the original 1 the copier will pick up on the scratches and add em on even though u cant see them.
1 1

rgw825 answered:

I just had a similar problem. The game would always freeze during the mission Monster. It started acting weird as soon as the guy would explain the trucks controls and the time i need to beat. I could see the subtitles but no sound. I would get in the truck and go past the first marker and every time i would cross the road right after it would freeze, every time same spot. It ended up being a scratch. It wasn't even a bad looking scratch. I have seen worse and deeper looking scratches not have any affect on a game at all. I took it to my local video store and they ran it through their Disc Buffer machine and now the game works like new. I hear some video stores have them and some don't. Just call around.
1 1

gangstagta123 answered:

Ummmmmmm here do this if u have a walmart next to you they have this thing that cleans ps2 games try that out or you it might not be your sanandreas its probably your ps2 if you have the new one then yah its the ps2 cause they make it so if your game freezes you'll keep on buying there systems if i were you i would look for the 2 layered old ps2's...
0 1

ryanman2733 answered:

If it is the older version of the ps2 it cuold be wearing out because my older one freezes games sometimes because its old and wearing out but now i got a newer one thts way beta and games work beter on them....
0 0