Question from hotbigtoad

Oysters, oysters, everywhere, but not this one I need..?

I used the maps here on gamefaqs and now I have all 50 of the horse shoes, and I've sprayed all 100 of the tags.

Then, there are oysters. I'm certain that I need a boat to do this at a good pace. So, I went to the map. I had only one oyster to begin with, number 27 or 28, I think. I went and used the map. I found the first one easy. I found the second one, pretty easily. Number 3, however, is not where the map says. I swam like heck all around that area, and I cannot find it for the life of me.

Please help!

(By the way, why am I looking for oysters? What do they do? Also, what did the horse shoes do?)

hotbigtoad provided additional details:

Just 30 minutes ago, I decided to see if any others were missing, but I found numbers 1,2, and 4-50. But I can't find number 3.

I used the map on this site that had dark52 or something like that written on it in green.

hotbigtoad provided additional details:

Heck, while in the task of fining all the oysters should fill your lung capacity. As for sex appeal, do they each help a small bit each, or is it only effective after collecting all 50?

Also, I know where the oyster should be, because I loaded up my father's data (yes, a 50-somthing yr old man can play this game, and he's not that bad at it, either) and the oyster was there, under the bridge. But for some reason, it ain't showing up on mine... dang!

hotbigtoad provided additional details:

I give up, I started another data, and the oyster was right there under the bridge. The game (or my PS2) screwed up, and never put that one there on that particular data. I checked and rechecked all areas, and that one wasn't there. But I'm erasing that data, and starting anew. Thanks for the help, y'all.

bigsmoke503 answered:

Horseshoes, all 50, get you the weapons in front of the Four Dragons Casino. Also, increases your "Luck". However, I have yet to see evidence of this luck thing. I still lose at the black jack tables (Bad Gambler?)
As for the oysters, they can be tricky to spot. Many different maps, and some of them are off by a few feet (inches?). Just keep swimming around and looking. You need to get all the oysters for 100%. Oysters will increase your sex apeal for dating the girlfriends. Note that this sex apeal does not show up on your stat bar when you press L1. Getting a few oysters will increase your sex apeal in small amounts. If you get 20 oysters, and have tats, good haircut, and high sex apeal clothes, AND a high sex apeal car, you can start dating any of the girlfriends without having to get fat or gain muscle or lose muscle. I was able to date Helena and Michele this way without altering my fat or muscles.
3 0

Answers

diablo5843 answered:

I looked at the map made by dark52 and compared his map with a map of the oysters in a game guide i bought and the markers all point to the right spots so the third oyster should be under the bridge.

Also after you collect all the horse shoes you get a increase to you luck stat plus the SMG, Combat shotgun, M4, and Satchel Charges delivered to Four Dragons Casino.
And the oysters give you an increase in lung capacity and sex appeal.
0 0

diablo5843 answered:

From what i've read you get a small increase to sex appeal and lung capacity with each oyster you collect.
0 0

PlaCary answered:

Horseshoes increase lucks and Oysters increase sex appeal and lung capacity
0 0