Review by EmPlaya34388

"Better then Vice City, but is it better then GTA III?"

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is really a truly great game. It is easily much much better then the previous Grand Theft Auto title, Vice City, in virtually every way imaginable. But the big question is is it better then Grand Theft Auto III, which was an absolutely incredible game? I say it is NOT better, but wow is it very close to Grand Theft Auto III.

Game-play 8/10 - For some reason, the controls in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas seem a bit hard to get used to although the controls have almost no change in them at all. The camera angles are a pin, though, and first person view no longer exists in this game, which in my opinion was not a good decision, but what can you do. Controls are alright, maybe it's just that I have a little problem with them. Game-play gets a 8/10 from me, respectively.

Graphics 9/10 - And now we're talking about the graphics. The graphics are amazing in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The character models no longer look like they were taken from a comic and plastered onto the screen like they looked like in Grand Theft Auto III. The guns you will find throughout the game also look awesome, and the clothes that the character models don't look painted on, either. The graphics department in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas gets a 9/10 from me due to a few minor but still noticeable flaws.

Sound 10/10 - The sound in this game is just pure brilliance. The gunshots actually sound like real gunshots and your character also sounds out of breath when you're running for a long time. It is also very easy to understand what the characters in the game are saying, of course with a few exceptions, but those exceptions are too small to even really notice. Sound easily gets a 10/10 from me.

Replay value 10/10 - The second I got off of this game to allow my sibling to get some play in, I wanted to play it again and I wanted to play it for hours and hours on end. This game is just so incredibly entertaining. It really really is. Almost everything about this game is so much fun, except for your life-bar, which goes down ridiculously fast, especially if you get into a gun fight. Expect to pay the hospital many many visits throughout the game and expect to grow frustrated because yes this game is extremely entertaining but it is also a difficult game, but hey everybody looks for a challenge here and there, right? Replay value gets a 10/10 from me easily.

Rent or buy BUY - DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT RENT THIS GAME! Buy it :). Renting this game would make you upset because you will realize how incredibly entertaining it is and then you'll want to buy it and then you'll see that it is out of stock, which will just further frustrate you. Save the time and effort of going to your local Blockbuster to rent this game and just go for the purchase. Believe me, if you're a fan of the Grand Theft Auto series, you will really like San Andreas.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/04