Question from jjtheman523

Should I start on Proud Mode?

I beat pretty much everything in beginner mode! beat the final boss and sephiroth, sidequest, all items (pretty much) and all keyblades including ultima weapon! I was just a beginner when i got this game at my first time! I pretty got used to the battle system and dodging and all those stuff! You think i should skip standard and go to proud mode? People said the difficulty is closely related to normal in kingdom hearts 1! I beat Kingdom Hearts 1 normal but never in expert! Its suprising that kingdom hearts 1 was a lot harder than Kingdom Hearts 2 (due to reaction command)!

P.S. - In Proud Mode, do they take out some special stuff in the previous difficulty? Like Final Form as an example? I know difficulty is alot harder in proud mode but worth trying?

darkassasin333 answered:

No, they dont take out anything. In fact, im pretty sure they added more enemy moves. Either that or it takes so much longer that they do those moves. I would reccomend that you DO start a new game on proud mode if your confident and have completed the game to that degree. If you find it too hard finishing roxas part (sorry, my apostraphe isnt working) then i suggest going on normal mode. Hope this helps!
3 0

Answers

chaosr1d3r answered:

First of all, it's not a special thing that you managed to beat the game in beginner. DOn't be so sure with yourself. Even the Proud mode is easier than the Proud at KH, but it will still feel different. Even my little brother could do better than you in Beginner. If you wanna go straight to Proud, go ahead.

P.S. I first finished the game in Proud, and never played my Beginner save ever since.
0 2

Kraleck answered:

They take out the easier A.I. and the requirement to complete Jiminy's Journal for the added post-ending scene...that's about it...

It's not much harder, but enough with certain bosses...but Sephiroth on Proud Mode is STILL a joke fight in Kingdom Hearts 2 compared to the easiest mode in the first Kingdom Hearts.
1 2

Darth_Pretzel answered:

Actually, I seen to remember in my beginner file that roxas had to hit a tree in the forest, but never had to in my proud file...
0 1

sonicboost451 answered:

DO NOT SKIP I tried skipping and I got stuck on the boss in awakening + even the dusks are hard to fight. However, if you have a gameshark you can skip standard. Ps. final form is still achievable in proud.
0 1

Bosnianmutt answered:

Do proud mode if you've familiarized yourself with the battle system. Just make sure to train alot; especially at "the dive to the heart". Get to lvl 6 and you should be fine.
1 2

InkSpell432 answered:

I am a true master in Kingdom Hearts II (Beaten the Game in Proud Mode. Min. LV. - 42). In my opinion, if you played Kingdom Hearts before, it's best to start at Proud Mode, because the bosses are harder and you are more likely to be saved by King Mickey.
0 1

rwbs1030 answered:

Well it all depends on if your a veteran of the game and know what your doing. To simplify modes Beginner= Easy, Standard= Medium, and Proud= Hard. I gather that if your asking then you just got the game, in which case do beginner where it's an easy overlay that is just right for a person new to the 2nd game. My verdict is that you start on beginner and after beating it do standard and then proud for a challenge.
0 1

Proud Mode? Answered SonicRider13
How do I beat (Sephiroth on proud mode)? Answered sora_V2
Proud Mode Goddess of Fate cup?? Answered birdosnout
What is Pall and Proud mode i dont know what the !@#$ it is? Answered gatur13
How do I beat Xaldin on Proud Mode? Answered CENO41