Can this game be played on the PS3?

1. I really liked Kingdom Hearts 2, but I have a PS3 now, I am wondering if I should buy it for my PS3, but dont know if it will work.

User Info: LilSaintv3

LilSaintv3 - 5 years ago

1. Last I looked, Sony offered a compatible-game database. All depends on model and such. Visit playstation.com to look up whatever game strikes your fancy without waiting.

Sony redesigns its site often and offers different tools for different regions, but the last working link I had was:
    www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

User Info: falconesque

falconesque (Expert) - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. If you have PS2 memory on your PS3 then you can save and anyway without it.To get the memory,go to the Play-station Network shop and just try to find it on the search bar.{MEMORY IS NOT A CARD] [DOES NOT WORK THE OTHER WAY WITH PUTTING A PS3 DISC IN A PS2]

User Info: LordSithern

LordSithern - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. No,you can't.You only can play KH2 in ps 2.Because you have ps3 just wait until 2012/not sure what years,they will launch KH3 in ps3 if you want.

User Info: suryanugroho

suryanugroho - 5 years ago 0 2
  3. Yes u can play it on the ps3 system but order to play it u must have "60 giga byts backwards compatible system" the price costs at game stop is $350.00 dollars.

User Info: slycooper94

slycooper94 - 5 years ago 0 1
  4. 20GB or a 60GB ps3 will have Backward compatibility with ps2 games but i think 80GB have Backward compatibility to but if you something like a slim ps3 120 GB model it will not have Backward compatibility

User Info: thenoobynoober

thenoobynoober - 5 years ago 1 1
  5. No just the "60 GB" only!

User Info: slycooper94

slycooper94 - 5 years ago 0 2
  6. And if the questioner's PS3 is from Europe? Asia? Australia? Same-size models are not consistent worldwide.

In the end, plenty of players HAVE reported playing KH2 on their PS3s just fine. Try a rental first, if you have that option.

This is not a KH2-specific issue. If you run into issues concerning memory card slots, Sony sold a memory card adapter at one point, and other vendors still do.

User Info: falconesque

falconesque (Expert) - 5 years ago 0 0
  7. You need a ps3 fat or whatever the old model is. Slim won't work and you can download compatability for the other hard drives if the 60gb really matters.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt - 5 years ago 0 0