Question from su_ji_rose_2369

Why don't my brand new games play when the old ones do?

i have a PS2 Slim and i have been playing guitar hero 1, 2, 3, and rock the 80s with no problems at all. i just recently bought guitar hero 5 and guitar hero metallica brand new, never used and both came up as disc could not be read. the other games still play just fine. could it be that the newer guitar hero games are a different format which my system refuses to recognize? or is there perhaps another problem? how can i fix it?

su_ji_rose_2369 provided additional details:

My PS2 Slim is not broken. It plays all of the other games just fine without any problems at all. It just won't play the newer releases like Guitar Hero 5 and Metalica.

It would cost more to get it fixed then it would to just buy a new system. Yes, the games are definately for the PS2 and NOT the PS3. DO NOT respond if you do not have at least a decent answer. Obviously I didn't like the answer the first time you posted it, so stop telling me repeatedly to get it fixed since that would cost more than it's worth.

Answers

itwizz answered:

Your PS2 Is broken so send it to your nearest reputable independent console repairer for repair.

The PS2 Slim is notorious for having random disc/memory card read errors so all you can do is get it fixed.
0 1

itwizz answered:

This is how all console problems start, 1st one game doesn't work, then 2, until finally none of your games work so get it fixed ASAP!
0 1

itwizz answered:

Please close this since it was answered over a month ago.
0 1

1111111111112fd answered:

It (or they) may be for the PS3?
0 1

computer0000000 answered:

I do not knowwww
0 0