Question from J_aaron

How do I delete corrupted data from my memory card?

My DBZ Budokai 3 GH save data became corrupted. How do I get rid of that save data?

DeltaBladeX answered:

Not all corrupted data can be deleted within the browser. There is some dummy settings (dummy refers to a setting that was never used) including one that stops you from deleting a file which was intended for the Japanese DVD config file. When a save gets corrupted, the setting will sometimes be enabled preventing you from deleting the file via official means. If this happens, the only way you can rid yourself is to format the memory card with unofficial software like CodeBreaker or ARMax.
2 0

Answers

itwizz answered:

Go in to the Memory Card utility on the Dashboard after turning on the console and delete the corrupted save.
0 1

gengar77 answered:

I don't know which kind of PS2 you have but here's how on an original (thicker) PS2.
Open the drawer and leave it open so the game doesn't load, or have it on with no game in the drawer.
When you see "Browser" select it. Next, select the memory card icon for the slot your data is in that you want to
delete. Scroll to and select the file you want to delete. Select "Delete." When asked "Are you sure?" select "Yes."
Then wait a the data is erased.
If the process is different for the slim version, sorry, I've never used one.
1 2

itwizz answered:

gengar77 your method is what I was trying to describe but had forgotten the steps as it's been ages since I last booted mine up.
0 1