How did my PS2 suddenly stopped reading discs?

1. After me and my big brother played the gundam collection,it suddenly stopped reading discs.We went to a computer shop and it had it checked,the guy said the lens were broken.But we were playing and it was still alive and well then it suddenly stopped reading discs.Is there any other reason besides that???

User Info: voldo1998

voldo1998 - 7 years ago

1. I recommend cleaning it. I clean my own and my friend's regularly now. All it takes really, what I use anyway is the necessary set of micro-drivers to open it and for the actual cleaning I use a micro-fiber cloth, Q-tips work too, and either glasses cleaner (like lens cleaner, not Windex) or CD cleaning fluid in conjunction on the lens. A can of Air-Duster is also highly recommended to get all the dust out of your PS2 that could be clogging up the air flow. The first time I did it I googled the guide and just followed the picture instructions. I have never cleaned a slim so I don't know about that but there are guides for that as well.

My friend got ripped off when a local game store (Game-X-Change) told him his laser was the problem and charged him 60 dollars go give him the same thing back essentially. I cleaned my own a week later showed him the results and now I clean everyone in my neighborhood's PS2s.

Copy and pasted my answer from a related question. I see a few more to do that for. Hopefully it helps.

User Info: Atheist1089

Atheist1089 - 7 years ago 0 0

1. If it`s for a ps2 i can tell u but if u have a ps2 blow out the fan or buy a disc cleaner.

User Info: lancerider1

lancerider1 - 7 years ago 0 0