Question from nightrisen

Whats the best way to fix scratched disks?

My friend gave me his old Final FantasyXII game and it had scratches and it can't read the disk (disk read error). Whats the best way to get rid of the scratches for the chance it might work?

kencaesi answered:

About the only options are resurfacing techniques like "disc doctor" or some envolopes kits you can buy where you can send in disc to be "professionally" resurfaced thought I never tried them. I use the lower scratch removers that come in eye dropper bottle but that is only for spot scratches on a disc.
2 0

Answers

SurgeHedgehog answered:

well the only options are smearing the shiny side of the disc with toothpaste or metal polish. otherwise you would have to resurface the disc by using a machine designed for that purpose or have it done by professionals. If that doesn't work then you won't be able to use the disc anymore, sorry
0 0