Review by ATadeo

"The Playstation 2 is all you'll ever need."

I've had my Playstation for 1 and a half years and I'm very very impressed with its graphics and sound capabilities. Although it is inferior to the Nintendo 64 and the Sega Dreamcast, the Playstation is still in competition with them because of the best selection of games. Now, I just though should I buy the Playstation 2? I'm contented with my Playstation already. But I still bought the PS2. And to my surprise, the Playstation 2 indeed, is all I ever need. Here are some points to discuss about the system.

General Features (10 pts): Nothing comes close to the features of the playstation 2. With the state-of-the-art 128-bit Emotion Engine and a powerful graphics processor, it simply stands out among the rest. It offers excellent backward compatibility with Playstation games. You can play your DVDs and Music CDs. And of course, the Plsystation 2 games with lightning-fast and very detailed graphics unlike anything you've seen before. The Playstation 2 also capable of Internet connectivity. The upcoming modem for the PS2 promises to be a multiplayer heaven for hardcore multiplayer gamers. It'll take you to a level of gaming where you'll feel you're in heaven.

Let's now talk about the physical aspects of the console. It has a sleek and cool black casing with a DVD drive (CD-ROM compatible) and the usual Memory Card and Controller Slots/Ports. There are also new connectors such as the USB and IEEE (ILink). Plus, the console can be positioned either vertically or horizontally, whichever you need or which among the 2 you are comfortable with.

Peripherals (10 pts): The Playstation 2 boasts numerous peripherals that can be used to play/enhance your gaming experience. You can plug-in your old Playstation peripherals like the Controllers and Memory Cards without compromising performance, and the PS2 makes it even better. Also, now with the new USB and IEEE ports, you can plug-in almost anything from digital cameras to laptop computers. The possibilities are endless.

Graphics/Sound (10 pts): This is the machine that you'll ever need when you thirst for excellent graphics and sounds. With its very powerful graphics processor, the you're gaming experience will change. The games you'll play will have more realism. You'll see the background moving with ultra-realistic detail. The games will also run very smoothly, in fluid motion. You'll drool with every game that you'll see. As for the sound, no other console can match up to the PS2 (as of now) equipped with the Dolby Digital Surround Sound and DTS Surround Sound systems. Your house will rock at the sound of your PS2.

Game Selection (9 pts): Now, why did I chose 9? Although as of the present time, there are quite a few games already released for the Playstation 2. But, future (announced) releases promises to prove that the Playstation 2 will indeed have excellent games like it's predecessor (PS) did.

So, is it well-worth of your money to buy? Take it from me, you won't regret that you've bought the system. You'll ask yourself, this is what I got from my $300? Cool!! The next-generation of consoles are arriving and the PS2 proves that gaming can be taken into a different level. So, if you're afraid to buy the system, don't be. You'll even regret that you've missed the chance to buy one.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/12/01, Updated 05/12/01