Review by DirtaySouth601

"Tragic Magic"

This game overall was pretty bad. I didn't like many things. Few things I liked were overpowered by the bad things.

The characters look real, but cheesy all the same. The castle looks like cardboard and I don't see much depth in it. The graphics are sometimes choppy, but generally pretty smooth. I hate it how when sometimes you turn around and the FPS just collapses.

Where's the good music? I'm wondering. Hermione sounds like a 3-year-old and so does Ron. They start repeating themselves and then it get's annoying. Harry sounds like a real wuss when he cast spells. You can hear footsteps, which I like. The birds give it a real feel... but I still think the sound sucks.

Just not perfect. The quidditch in this game is better than the quidditch in The Quidditch World Cup game. The spells are easy to cast- I like the set up. You format the spells to either the SQUARE, TRIANGLE or CIRCLE buttons. Hold down the button and release to cast. Simple- ahhh yes the aiming is simple too (hold R1). Easy huh? The gameplay otherwise is also smooth.

Difficulty: 5/10

Not hard at all. Easy to beat. It wasn't a complete joke though.

Storyline: 6/10

It follows the big events but leaves out the small ones. It also changes things around... which is really very unnecessary.

Replayable? Nah... I barely lasted through.

A comment or two: This game was ok. Rent it first and/or buy it used. I hate the fact that you have to go on adventures to find spell books. I wish I could take classes and learn spells in there. This game could be so much better.

A flaw I noticed: When they fight the troll, Professer McGonagall says that I was lucky to be alive. Soon, later on, I fight a troll in Herbology. That upset me.

Overall: Try it and if you love Harry Potter, you might like it. RENT THIS GAME FIRST!

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 07/01/05