Review by boarder14

"Best Over--the-Top Football Game Ever"

Introduction

I must say, I was very skeptical when I heard about this game. I'm sure most people would agree when the idea of football being played in the street could turn out to be pretty cheesy. Well, it isn't. It out classes NFL Blitz, its only real competitor in the genre, by about a thousand miles and then some. It has set a new standard for the genre and is another solid title from EA Sports Big.

Graphics
A great game has to atleast have good graphics, and its no exception here. Great player models that, while over the top, bring the arcade feel of the game better. The player faces on all of the NFL players are very good looking and the fields are very detailed.

Sound
With a wide assortment of music as well as the usual grunts in the game, Street's sound is very well done. Even the taunts are sometimes funny but can get repetitive.

Gameplay
Of course, this is the main reason you play the game. The gameplay is top notch. Passing and running both go off without a hitch. Defense, while challenging at first, becomes easier the more you play. Also, in NFL Challenge mode, your own team is fully customizable, ranging from faces, height, number, shirt, pants, hats, glasses, and much more.

The only thing here that is questionable is the ease of the ability to run against a human opponent. If you have a good RB like Faulk, Holmes, Williams, or even Bettis, you are just about unstoppable. That would be my only big complaint about the game. While you may be thinking ''Its not that big of a deal.'', well, it is. I could run on you with Bettis the whole entire game and you can not stop me, and vice versa.

Replay
The online mode gives this title seemingly infinite replay value. And the NFL Challenge mode will keep you busy for a long, long time.

Final Score
9/10
A must buy game for gamers on all consoles, even if not really a football fan. This one will keep you entertained a long time and having 4 friends play at the same time if both crazy and fun. Having it for the PS2 is probably your best choice as the Online play makes the replay value of this game significantly more.

Rent or Buy
If you're still skeptical, give it a rental to try it out for yourself. I guarantee about 85% that try it will love it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/07/04