Question from gears16

How do I beat Ares?

I need help on part 2. I can get by the first one but when i start part two i only have half my magic?

krauser1989 answered:

You can grab the fake Kratos by pressing circle near them, when you are being surrounded, use Poseidon Rage. Keep doing it, until you see the Rage of the God are full, activate it to kill more enemies.

But be careful and watch your wife's health too, if she died, the game is also over.
3 1

Answers

Threesixtyci answered:

You mean the part where you have to kill the clones? I used that Hades Spell, whenever I got enough magic to use it. It still took me about 4 tries, though. And I had the Spell Maxed out, too. About all I can say is once you see those clones holding that Athena Sword, you're about done. So, if you saw that, then you were real close....

The third battle isn't any easier... about all you can do, to get an edge is hit him as he growls. The thing is that you have to predict when he's about to growl, because if you try to swing while he growls, it'll likely be too late to stun him.
1 1

khaoz95746 answered:

Read the strategies from my guide, should help a lot

www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/919864/58990
0 0

mocthezuma answered:

Conserve your magic in the first Ares battle. Especially if you play on Hard or God mode you need FULL magic bar to be able to beat the clones.

What I did is that I use the sword on Ares (L1+R1)
It's more powerful than the Chains of Olympus and it's easier to get into block mode. You don't fp the excessive attacks that leave you voulerable. Then you can use a bit of magic in the beginning because Ares gives off quite a bit of blue orbs which will replenish your magic. But near the end SAVE IT. You'll need it to be at MAX.
Use the sword and be patient. He only has one really dangerous attack, and that's when he slams the sword/club/axe on you and does a spin attack after. This will knock you down and take a lot of health. Keep away when he does the slam attack. When he throws the fireballs just run around. Then when you get him low enough on health you go into the minigame and then you're done. Remember to block everything EXCEPT the slam attack. Get away when he starts using it alot towards the end. He also uses it a couple of times at the very start of the fight (at least on Hard mode)

The clones are not so hard if you have full health and full magic. Do the Plume of Porthemeus a lot and target it on your family since that's where the enemies will be. Roll around to position yourself in some free space. Then attack again. When family health gets around half do the Army of Hades magic and get close to them and heal. Then run away again before the clones start attacking you and continue with the Plume of Porthemeus and rolling around. You can either repeat this strategy untill the clones with the purple swords show up or you can switch to Poseidons Rage and use that on the clones instead. Either way you're going to need to go into the Rage of the Gods when your magic is empty and use a lot of Poseidons Rage since you have unlimited magic in Rage of the Gods. If needed also use Army of Hades and heal the family. You should get enough magic orbs from killing clones while in Rage of the gods to have a couple of Poseidons Rage attacks after you've used the Rage of the Gods. Use the Poseidons Rage if you're still being attacked by too many clones to handle. At this point there is also the threat of the one on the floating rock in the background spinning around. Don't bother trying to take him out, it's meaningless and won't work. After killing of a lot of clones with Poseidons Rage you should almost be down to just a few clones with Purple swords. Remember to hold on as long as you can with just rolling and doing Plume of Porthemeus. Anyway, you will detect that you are close to the end when there only appear one clone at a time with purple swords. These are the most dangerous ones, but you should have no problem taking them out when they come alone. Just be careful the guy hovering around in the background doesn't shoot you and delay you enough to let the clone attack your family. Wipe out several of the purple sword clones and the narrator will kick in eventually signaling the end of the fight.

Then the real hard fight begins, when you face Ares for the second time. This one is very hard at least in god mode and takes a lot of practice and patience to get it right.
0 0

mocthezuma answered:

It's more powerful than the Chains of Olympus and it's easier to get into block mode. You don't do the excessive attacks that leave you vulerable. Then you can use a bit of magic in the beginning because Ares gives off quite a bit of blue orbs which will replenish your magic. But near the end SAVE IT. You'll need it to be at MAX.
Use the sword and be patient. He only has one really dangerous attack, and that's when he slams the sword/club/axe on you and does a spin attack after. This will knock you down and take a lot of health. Keep away when he does the slam attack. When he throws the fireballs just run around. Then when you get him low enough on health you go into the minigame and then you're done. Remember to block everything EXCEPT the slam attack. Get away when he starts using it alot towards the end. He also uses it a couple of times at the very start of the fight (at least on Hard mode) Also be careful you NEVER do the L1+Square attack. It's easy to fail on this becuase you're holding L1 a lot to block, then if you press Square to attack you will often go into the spin attack with the sword or the even more spinning attack with the chains of olympus. This will leave you open and Ares will hurt you every time. My advice is to only attack with Triangle. Triangle times two is a good attack and gives you enough time to block.

The clones are not so hard if you have full health and full magic. Do the Plume of Porthemeus a lot and target it on your family since that's where the enemies will be. Roll around to position yourself in some free space. Then attack again. When family health gets around half do the Army of Hades magic and get close to them and heal. Then run away again before the clones start attacking you and continue with the Plume of Porthemeus and rolling around. You can either repeat this strategy untill the clones with the purple swords show up or you can switch to Poseidons Rage and use that on the clones instead. Either way you're going to need to go into the Rage of the Gods when your magic is empty and use a lot of Poseidons Rage since you have unlimited magic in Rage of the Gods. If needed also use Army of Hades and heal the family. You should get enough magic orbs from killing clones while in Rage of the gods to have a couple of Poseidons Rage attacks after you've used the Rage of the Gods. Use the Poseidons Rage if you're still being attacked by too many clones to handle. At this point there is also the threat of the one on the floating rock in the background spinning around. Don't bother trying to take him out, it's meaningless and won't work. After killing of a lot of clones with Poseidons Rage you should almost be down to just a few clones with Purple swords. Remember to hold on as long as you can with just rolling and doing Plume of Porthemeus. Anyway, you will see that you are close to the end when there only appears one clone at a time with the purple sword. These are the most dangerous ones, but you should have no problem taking them out when they come alone. Just be careful the guy hovering around in the background doesn't shoot you and delay you enough to let the clone attack your family. Wipe out several of the purple sword clones and the narrator will kick in eventually signaling the end of the fight.

0 0

How do I beat the clones after Ares? Open adanielson
How do I beat ARES IN SPARTAN AND GOD MODE? Answered xeroxzerox
How do I beat Ares after the clones on god mode? Answered future_gotenks
How do I beat the 2 statues? Answered amoore75
How to beat Hydra? Answered adi223