Question from future_gotenks

How do I beat Ares after the clones on god mode?

I can get the first him and the clones easy. But When I fight him with the sword of the gods, I get my but kicked because of his force push or whatever, or because I'm too slow to hit him.

dm_boozefreek answered:

Ares final guise is tricky, but not impossible it just takes patience and a cool head (I know this because every time I rush or lose it I get flattened), in Spartan mode it's hard, in God mode he can take you down seconds. Firstly get away from him, tease him into following you, but while you're doing this try to stay away from the edges of the play area if he gets you against a wall you may as well put the pad down. If he sinks into the floor to do his pillar attack, move towards the screen as far as you can once the view changes, kind of run backwards and forwards a couple of inches until the pillars appear, make sure you're positioned between the 2 closest to the screen and as they all move together they shouldn't even go near you, but remember to do a double jump as they move in together, if you're close enough to the explosion it'll knock you over. Just keep teasing him until he makes a mistake, don't face him head on or he'll eventually throw a fireball at you which is unblockable, and puts you in a kneeling position while he happily whips you with all the blades from his back, this does a lot of damage. Run from him but not too far, try to stay close enough to get him swinging. What you're looking for is him tensing up and roaring at you kinda looks like a taunt from a fighting game. He usually does this after he does 1 big swipe, and sometimes after his 3 swing combo (which is blockable if you happen to get caught up in it). When he tenses up and growls at you he's vulnerable, attack with light attacks repeatedly tapping square. Hopefully you'll slow down and go into a grapple. Hammer circle like a loon until it vanishes and get ready for a quicktime/minigame. This will take a lot of health from Ares and give it to you (don't get too cocky though you have to do it another 3 or 4 times without getting hit to kill him). After you do this you can get 3 or 4 sly hits in with square before he stands up, but when he does stand run or he'll fireball and whip attack you. Chances are he'll sink into the ground and pillar attack you after this just remember run towards the screen and double jump once the pillars move together. Then repeat the above, tease him into chasing you and swinging until he roars at you then let loose on him with light attacks, if he blocks for some reason or you don't slow and go into the grapple run he'll fireball and spider swipe you. But once again though if you're quick while he's taunting you, you should get the grapple and quicktime.
0 0

How do I beat the clones after Ares? Open adanielson
How do I beat ARES IN SPARTAN AND GOD MODE? Answered xeroxzerox
How do I beat Ares? Answered gears16
God Mode?!?! Open santosbruno85
Hydra battle (god mode)? Answered bowserfan42