Review by khoofia_shu

"God of War perfectly shows the capabilities of the PS 2"

God of War is probably the best example of a highly aggressive (literally) and action packed adventure game. This game has everything perfectly polished and perfect.

GAMEPLAY: 9.8/10
The gameplay of the game was brutal and as exciting as Ocarina of Time, or even more. The gameplay basically is filled with over the top violence which can get sickening at times, though always remains cool. And the enemies never stop coming. And let me tell you, these aren't normal foes which will die within three blows of your blade- some of them are actually tougher than the bosses when they attack in groups. The obstacles in this game are highly cool and tough and exciting. You might be walking on a wooden ledge which is about twelve centimemters wide and a thousand feet over an ocean of blood or the ruinous city of Athens. You might be sliding from a rope from one platform to the other at a height of a thousand centimeters. You might be walking on a rope and killing enemies constantly.

The fights in this game afre highly violent. And trust me when I say, you might want some company while playing this game. You can rip the heads of your enemies apart while their bodies might be hanging limp and the head might be flying in the air and blood would be splattered on the walls and the floor.

GRAPHICS: 9.9/10
The graphics of the game are very realistic. You cannot make out the difference between the cut scenes and the gameplay scenes. There's not much to say about the graphics. If you wanna know more about them, then go and check out the pics.

SOUND: 10/10
The sound of the game is very grand and I believe that the game wouldnt be as good of the sound werent there. The soundscore is very epic and very movie like. I feel, as in the LOTR movies, the sound score is one of the main things. The themes of this game blend perfectly with the situations and make the game all the more exciting and rand and epic.

STORY: 9.7/10
The story of the game is one of the best stories I've ever heard of weather in movies, or books or games. Its scope is very epic and grand. You dont get to see stories like this in any thing concerned with entertainment.

OVERALL: (not an average of all scores) 9.9/10 (true score)
Overall, this game is the best game I have ever played on the PS2 till date. In fact, I find this game so good, that I hold it in the regards of The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. God of War is like the LOTR of games. Its the best with a spectacular story, presentation, sound and overall, its a grand and masterful epic story which can never be replicated.

If you do not have this game, you're missing out on something. Go and buy this game right now!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/29/08

Game Release: God of War (US, 03/22/05)