Review by Robazoid

"Simply the best game I have ever played."

This game more than earns its 10/10 (Perfect). It's hard not to love God of War; it has so much a game should have. Story, Game Play, Graphics, Controls, Replay Value… I could go on. It is, without a doubt, one of the best games ever, and to me, it is the best game ever. If it wasn't so illogical and disallowed by the GameFAQS rating system, I would give this game an 11. Keep on reading to find out why, and I guarantee you will find out why.

Story- 10/10
The story opens nice, its one of those ending first kind of things, and you slowly find out how that ending came to be as you play the game. Kratos, a champion of the Gods, throws himself off the highest mountain in all of Greece, and that death would be freedom from his growing madness. What madness you ask? Why is he killing himself? I don't really want to answer that, and now you have a reason to play the game. A little more in, Kratos is told he has to kill Ares, the God of War. Ares is destroying Athens with creatures he stole from Hades. This game shines very well with the story, and there are even more pieces that must first be unlocked, such as A secret revealed and Fate of the Titan. Overall, God of War earned its 10/10 in this category, as anyone who plays the game will see.

Graphics- 10/10
This game has great Graphics, whether it is in the actual game, or movie Graphics. Both look great, no, both look perfect. All the different moves Kratos has, the different environments, the different monsters and all their moves and every movie in the game are all some of the best Graphics I have ever seen. Sometimes, as you work your way through a room, in the background you see Ares walk by, or soldiers fighting the minions of Ares in an ongoing struggle, all with great graphics. It also helps you really get a feel for the situation Kratos and Athens is in. I usually don't care very much about Graphics, but everyone who plays has to take a notice of them. For a recap of this section, their extremely great.

Game Play- 10/10
This is the best part of the game, easily. The Game Play is the best I have ever seen. As Kratos, you walk through several settings, whether it be going from boat to boat fighting a Hydra or working your way through Athens fighting everything from several Minotaur's to Medusa. As you work your way through the game, you get Red Orbs (Either through killing monsters, opening chests or various other fun activities). The Red Orbs are used to upgrade your main weapons, Blades of Chaos, or the 5 other God powers you receive as you make your way through the game, such as Poseidon's Rage, which creates a large lightning field around Kratos for a few seconds, injuring all enemies it catches. Later on, as you upgrade Poseidon's Rage, you get the ability to press O as fast as you can to make the field bigger and more deadly. Other things you find in chests are Green Orbs, which heal you, Blue Orbs, which will up your magic meter, Gorgon Eyes, which increase your overall health once six are acquired, and Phoenix Feathers, which increase your Magic meter once six are acquired. The fighting system is also very well done, the Blades of Chaos are never random, and they need thought and sometimes planning to be used correctly. Pretty much every boss or monster has a ‘mini game' where you either press buttons in a certain combo which is shown above their heads, twist the analog stick as shown, and press O as fast as you can (an example of the O pressing would be pushing a Minotaur to the ground, and trying to push your Blades of Chaos into its throat while it fights for its life). Overall, many of the mini games are very satisfying, and I recommend everyone see the effect of each one at least once. There are other things in God of War's Game Play which I haven't mentioned, such as Rope fighting, where Kratos climbs across a rope beating up monsters as he goes, but it's very hard to fit everything about God of War's Game Play in and still stay reasonably close to the word limit. So I will leave you with this, the Game Play is truly great.

Music- 10/10
Every single song in this game fits exactly where it's used. Not only that, but every single song in this game are some of the best I have ever heard. The song during a boss fight has to be one of my favorites, its epic, and perfect for fighting a giant Hydra. The music also gets slower when your not in a fight, or fast when you see a monster. That's just the music part though, what about other things, such as voices, or other sounds? Most voices fit, but one or two just don't seem right for the character their portraying, but that's a small part of the game most shouldn't even notice. The other sounds, such as a Minotaur cry when you hit him with your weapons, all fit with the game. The sounds are done just as well as the music, if not better. No one should have any problem with them whatsoever. Overall, giving the music featured in God of War less than a 10/10 would be idiotic.

Controls- 10/10
Unlike many other games like God of War, God of War manages to have many different moves and abilities, and manage not to confuse you. There aren't any 20 button combos that practically take hours of studying to master. The game also starts you off with only a few attacks, but as you upgrade your Blades of Chaos, you slowly get more. It's also very easy to switch between your God Powers. In short, none of the controls in God of War every got confusing, something many other games in the same genre can't claim.

Replay Value- 9/10
With many games, playing almost the exact same game would seem like a chore, but not with God of War. Not only are there 4 difficulties and several costumes with different stats, there's also one hell of a game sitting there, waiting to be played and enjoyed again. I played through the game 3 times before tearing myself away and deciding to write this review. Some may not want to replay it, however, most of you will.

End of Review Recap
As I said before, this is my favorite game ever. For every reason I said, there is no reason that you should not love this game. Still, many won't get to play it because they have overprotective parents and the rating of M scares them off. I pity anyone in that situation, I really do.
Overall 10/10(Perfect)