Review by ManiacOVG

"Best Platformer Yet!"

If you have played the previous Ratchet and Clanks, then you should know a little of what to expect. If you haven't, then I'll tell you. This is the third and most exciting game of the Ratchet & Clank series. There is multi player, online gaming, and a great single-player mode, including 20 great, upgradeable weapons, sweet worlds, and even your own base! Here's the lowdown:

Story: 10/10 Well, at the begging, you are playing with Clank in his apartment on the world of Endako in the Bogon galaxy. On the news, Ratchet finds out his home plantet, Veldin, is under attack by some strange species called Tyhrranoids, run by Dr.Nefarious. Ratchet takes immediate action and goes back to his galaxy (the name I forget) and goes back to Veldin to save his planet, along with the Galactic Troopers. After the mission, you find out that Captain Qwark(now gone monkey) is the only one who can save the galaxy from Dr.Nefarious. The story begins to get humorous and twisting, and very enjoyable. It is awesome!

Gameplay: 10/10 Now, this is where the game gets good. There is an amazing arsenal of weapons to buy and acquire. You get a mission list of challenges you did, still have to do, and can do. You can collect Titanium Bolts for new skins and trophies for cool secrets. You can also buy ship upgrades and armor. Now, during the actual missions, you can upgrade most of your weapons 5 times during your first playthrough and 3 more times during Challenge Mode. The enemy AI has definitely became smarter and stronger. But no need to fear, your weapons are stronger to. The missions can sometimes be stressful, but in the end, it's worth it. You'll love to continue to play and collect bolts!

Graphics and Sounds:10/10 If you're looking for realistic graphics like in Final Fantasy, you're not gonna find it here. Hey! The game is animated, filled with make-believe characters. What can you expect? However, Insomniac has made these things look as beautiful as ever. The surroundings are great, the sounds you here are so cool, and you can even see reflections! Pretty nice, huh? This is as realistic as you can get with these guys, at least, for now!

Replay Value:10/10 I bet you'll love to collect bolts, even after you don't have much use for them. And also, you're gonna have to play through multiple times to finish upgrading your weapons anyway. Ratchet and Clank:Up Your Arsenal is a great game! I'm sure you'll love it! I recommend buying it, unless you want to get the previous ones to understand the story more. Hope you enjoy it! this game does deserves all the perfect scores it received, including mine!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/08/04