Review by horror_spooky

"Time to get my gun.."

Four, (well actually two, or maybe one) adventurers go on a quest. The cutscenes are too boring to watch to know exactly what the quest is. You just need to know that you're somewhere...and you have to kill everything that moves. Wow, how many times have I played that?

That's pretty much what Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows is. At first, it's pretty fun to play. Then all the hacking and slashing and pointless killing gets old. Never thought I'd say that before. The extremely easiness of the game (even on harder modes!) is pathetic. It's extremely short, and I'd be surprised to find anybody playing it online anyway. It's predecessor (though dorky) was a lot funner. The controls are simple and you can upgrade your warrior, elf, whatever really ease, especially if your not playing co-op.

They try to make a story. Well, they do a horrible job in doing it! I have absolutely no idea to what the story is. I'm sorry, but I just couldn't bare to watch the cutscenes. They were non-moving pictures and they were so bland. They could've made cutscenes that had some cool scenes to it. They could've made the bosses more creative and orignal too.

The graphics aren't very good, but that is expected with a hack 'n slash game. The sound is alright, not horrible but not great. They seriously could've made some cutscenes in the game, instead of the stupid book thing they got going on. That would've made the game so much cooler, really.

This is the shortest game I have ever played in my entire life. You could play it again if you want to...but you won't want to I can guarantee it.

If you buy this game I would have to go to your house and kill you. I wouldn't even rent it. The only reason it got a three was that it gave me something to do for an hour or two. I have to fight the urge to burn this game whenever I see it at a rental store.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 02/07/06