Review by Megaman1981

"Mr. Clean quietly lurks in the shadows..."

Stealth games are always an interesting subject. Some people love them while others loath them. I however, like nothing better than to sit right next to an old rusty machine or an old maple tree waiting in the shadows for the enemy to leave. Then I will quietly move right along to complete my objective. That is a reason why I like the Hitman series. Combine the stealth elements like in Splinter Cell, but instead of trying to hack into a computer or something, you are actually trying to kill someone. Hitman: Blood Money is a great game packed with all the thrills that one can expect from other stealth games.

All of the Hitman games involve Agent 47, a bald clone who is an assassin. He gets his jobs from a woman named Diana; the only person he can trust. This time around someone seems to be trying to eliminate Agent 47 and the agency Diana works for. As usual, on each mission you will have a target and several objectives. The idea is to sneak in, steal a disguise, and eliminate the target without anyone knowing. Or you can simply come packing the heat and blow everyone away. It's your choice. In Blood Money however, there is a new feature called the notoriety feature. If you decide to take the Rambo route; then eyewitnesses will be able to give the police a detailed description of you, and the next mission will be all that much harder since people will know what you look like. If you used stealth, then no one will have seen you, and everyone will conclude that your target died under mysterious circumstances.

I really like the graphics. The game looks much like the other games in the series, but the environments look a lot more interesting this time. You have a parade during Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Shoot a person in a bird costume and feathers will fly. You also will visit a cruise ship, Las Vegas, the White House, and even crash a wedding. There isn't much music in the game, and when there is the music it is a bit repetitive. The controls are the same as in every Hitman game. They feel weird at first, but then you get used to them.

The only flaw is the save system. You can only save at the end of the mission now, unlike the other Hitman games. Other than that, Blood Money is a very good game. Anyone who has enjoyed Hitman 2 and Hitman: Contracts will no doubt like Blood Money as well.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/02/06, Updated 05/29/07