Review by Chosokabe_Oda

"Amazing game, Looking for another on PS3!"

In my personal opinion.... This game has to be on of the best games ever made! The strategies are amazing! The only thing I could complain about... Is the help manual... lol. Which is a very little factor. The graphics are simply put amazing. The 3D is a nice touch the Music also fits the battles perfectly.

Its different from RO3K XI Which is what got me addicted to strategy games. I also love the History component behind it, The random VS Player events hinder your actions making it very hard (even on normal mode) To try and unite Japan alone.

One thing I would love to see.... Is a multiplayer function... Like have a second controller for the battles if it should come to both players fighting each other. Because I love playing strategy games with my friends... It makes it all the more fun!

For an added twist.... The Character Creation option. You can make more Retainers, Ninja's, Monk's and have them be related to Historical officers or even make a family of Samurai of your own. With the Character Creation you get to choose your officers skills and stats. With its easy to understand mechanics, It makes it easy to place were and when your Samurai will appear.

Daimyo will ask you for your friendship... Whether you choose to accept or not is up to you... At the beggining (especially if you are a small minor Daimyo) You will want as many allies as possible, Just to make your life that much easier!

Another interesting feature is the Vassalage system, were you can convince other Daimyo that you are better then they are and to submit to you.

I guess another thing I would like to see in the next game (if there is one) Is being able to trade resources with your allies, Like being able to trade food for gold, or gold for food, Muskets and Horses. More weapons would be nice, ( Crossbows, Swords, Elite Horses, ) And maybe make the Pike and Spear 2 different weapons completely ( Give the pike the counterattack skill, Give the spear another skill, Like maybe the one off of Samurai warriors were they put up their spear and take a defensive position maybe. )

My marks for this game.

Graphics: 10/10 ( For a strategy game)
Sounds/Music: 10/10
Fun Level: 100/10 (Woot ^^)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/25/08

Game Release: Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power (US, 02/05/08)