Review by brolyfan001

"Better than the movie!"

This is yet, another, and a better, SpongeBob Squarepants video game for all three systems. But, I will write a review for the PS2 version. Anyway, it is the third game in the history of Spongebob games for the PS2. First, there was SBSP: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. Then, SBSP: Battle for Bikini Bottom. And now, Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie. This game mainly follows the movie, if you've seen it or not. But, I will go into that a little later.

Gameplay...10/10
Again, the creators of Spongebob games don't fail in the game play area. This game, just like the first two, is really fun to play. It should be a pretty easy game for all ages. It is also very fun for most, but not all, ages. The controls are pretty basic for this game, too. The D-pad controls camera movements, the left analog stick controls movements of the characters, and if I were to tell you the other controls of buttons, it could spoil the game, so I won't.

Story...10/10
The story is just like the movie. But, if you have not seen the movie, I'll give you the basic plot, without trying to give away too much information. Mr. Krabs is going to open up a second Krusty Krab. Spongebob wants to be the manager more than anything else. But, when Squidward gets chosen to be the manager, Spongebob gets depressed, and starts to dislike Mr. Krabs. He goes to drown his depression in ice cream, with his best bud, Patrick. Plankton, once again, is jealous of Mr. Krabs. So, he formulates, Plan Z. Step one, steal Neptune's crown. Step two, send it off to Shell City and frame Mr. Krabs. Step three, steal the Krabby patty formula. Step four, rule the world. Now, it's up to Spongebob and Patrick to save Mr. Krabs before Plankton takes over.

Graphics...8/10
The graphics are three-dimensional, once again. The creators did a pretty good job with the characters and environments of the game. The graphics aren't good to the likes of Halo 2 or Metal Gear Solid 3, but they're pretty great.

Sound...7/10
The sounds of the game are good, too. Everyone in the show has the same voices in the video game. The music is all right, but it repeats a little much.

Playtime/Replayability...10/10
If you've ever played a Spongebob game before, you know they're addicting. This one does not fail in any way to keep you in front of it for hours. Like Battle for Bikini Bottom, there are main, and side missions, that will keep you on forever. They are fun, though.

Final Recommendation: I recommend this to anyone who is a fan of the little square dude, or those who have played any previous Spongebob game. If you're going to try it out, you might as well not waste the money and time renting it. Buy it!!! While it IS a good game, don't go from store to store to city to city to search for it. But, if you see it, I'd recommend picking it up. People of most ages will like this game.

Thank you for reading this review.

Happy Gaming!