Review by GhostRecon1

"Why I love Ghost Recon 2 (possible SPOILERS)!!!"

Ghost Recon 2 is SO one of my favorite games!!! I love everything about it.

Story (10/10):

You are Captain Scott Mitchell, leader of the Ghosts, an elite group of Green Berets that are "sent first, but leave last when things get hot". It is the year 2007 This time, you and your team are sent to North Korea to solve the mystery about the sinking of an intel ship, the USS Clarence E. Walsh. Later on, one demented guy, Major-General Paik, gets ticked off and goes on with production of nuclear weapons.

Graphics (10/10):

The graphics ARE realistic. In my opinion, it's just like any US Army simulator. 3rd-person shooting has never been better from the angle.

Gameplay (9/10):

The angle from 3rd person is cool. Taking cover from enemy fire is at its best. One drawback is that one can only fully zoom in the enemy in sniper mode (scope). Another is that there are NO life meters; just condition checks (green=okay, yellow=fairly hit, red=critical) One funny thing about the game is when an enemy dies, he just jumps as if he is hit by artillery fire (except when shot in the head). Squad command is excellent, although sometimes you have to be careful if you are going to tell members to throw frag grenades (FIRE IN THE HOLE!). At times, squad members can score a kill on the enemy when suppresing. Another factor is the grenade. If you throw it, it immediately explodes unlike in real life where it takes a few seconds to detonate within a 12-inch radius.

Sound (not counting music) (8.5/10):

Voice acting is fair. Could have been a lot better. The fun parts are the sound of gunfire (from MGs and AK-47s) and explosions (from artillery and T-80 tanks) roaring through the ears and making the controller vibrate during gameplay.

Music (9/10):

Orchestration is okay. Could have added a little more Rock and Roll like Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Nine Inch Nails or Metallica for added effects.

Buy or Rent? : DEFINITELY A BUY!!!!!!

Overall Score: 9/10