"It's aight'"

Well, with madden out and many people playing that the only reason that they come back to NCAA is for the draft classes. Never the less, it's still a good game. I still enjoy it. I do however, prefer other games to this one, such as ESPN.

Gameplay - 8/10. Well, the meat of the game. It's ok. While it can become very frustrating, it's still fun. The big problem is dropped passes. I often find myself screaming at the television telling the reciever to catch the freaking ball. The redeming factors, however, are home field advantage and composition. Having players become rattled by a big hit and the screaming crowd adds depth to the game. No longer can you create a freshman and throw him out there. Even if you try he's more than likely to be too scared to play as high as his stats. Especially in a big time rival game.

Sound - 5/10. Nothing new here. Same old commentary as ever. Lee is very annoying, as well. The commentors still argue amongst each other. That gets old pretty fast but it's entertaining for a while.

Graphics - 6/10. The graphics are the same as always. They look a lot like Madden 2003 with updated animations. The best part is how recievers actually look for the ball.

Replayabilty - 10/10. The Dynasty mode in this one is great. Sports illustrated is a great feature. You can find yourself playing for just to see your school on the front page. Not really any big changes except for the Sports Illustrated. It does add a lot of fun, though. The rookie scouting is the same as always,

You, "You like my school?"

Some kid, "Uh no, but I'll let you waste recruiting points on me so I can go to that school there."

Overall 7/10. This game could have been a lot better. It's still good. Just not as good as it could have been. If I were you, I wouldn't waste my money on it and go purchase some of the other games out there.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 08/13/04