Review by Flama99

"Spyro has returned making up for his dreadful Predecessor"

I've loved the Spyro games and I have all of them as well! I bought a Hero's Tail soon after it came out and I was half-afraid it would turn out as bad as Enter the Dragonfly, but, however, I was not disapointed. Spyro: A Hero's Tail was awesome from the start.

Worthy of the PS2 Console the game was pretty-much glitch free and the FPS was pretty high as well. Very smooth, good loading times, nice colour and lighting; the game's graphics far surpassed the previous ones. It's quit nice visiting diverse lands such as desolate swamps and volcanic mines.

Gameplay has not changed much except with the introduction of the water breath ability and the ability to use ammo and magazines for a more charged up attack. You can now buy many things from Moneybags instead of just access to a bridge or a new technique. He offers things from ammo and powerups to keys and warps. A Hero's Tail however still has the good old charge and breath fire (now you can create a continuous stream) and the gems have been changed to simple currency for purchases. There are less things to do in this game than the last. Spyro has to collect light gems and dragon eggs and unlock extras and so on ........

Sound was pretty good. I still have some of the catchy tunes stuck in my head. The music seems to blend well with the scenery and Bosses. The voices of a few characters have changed but they're easy to get used to. Not much else to say except... Enjoy!

Same old story with the bad guys coming in and invading , stealing eggs and contaminating the land. The new bad guy would be Red the Dragon who is bringing back the gnorcs and making them plant Dark Crystals across the Realms. It's up to Spyro to rid the land of these cursed gems and restore order to the Dragon Realms.

Replayability: 8/10

I've finished this game 4 times so far and counting. Good to play while bored. This game is quit long actually and may take a while the first time through if you're not familiar with the Spyro games and their devilish tricks in concealing items. Rent if you're confident you can beat the game in a few days. But if you're like me and want to get every little thing in the game, buy!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/02/07