Question from qui0003

How do I get past helms deep?

I have completed legoles and gimly and now I am up to aragon and the other battles after aragon. Can someone give me some tips?

This thing is (censored) hard! What I did was I had Idrial, Hadhod, and Berethor. I got hadhod to learn flames of ruin and mountain shield, Idrial to learn gift og Galadriel and Berethor learned the leadership move that raises your ap over time and ecthillion wrath. Mountain shield protects you and flames of ruin does damage to the people that you used it on. Berethor is very strong with his attacks. so he is great with that. Warning, Use the leadership only ONCE. The trolls are SO ANNOYING. Tip, pack a ton of dwarven ale and elf medicine to heal people when they're dead, or stuned by staggering slash. Now the Berserks, Kill one row at a time. Gift of Galadriel is to heal people about 2000-3200 around that area. One more thing, haste of the elves increases your rate of attack, this may help.

Oops , you have to try to kill the trolls first, forgot to say

Just teach Idrial Aura of the Valar and cast it first on herself and then everyone else, then you will be invincible. Make sure you cast a new one every time someone dies.

Think of it like this. You are currently fighting 4 : 3, henceforth you are outnumbered. Use Berethor's Stand Fast Leadership ability to protect from Stun, and if any of your characters have Fear (can be obtained by using the Elfstone of Fell Shadow; I had Idrial learn it), use it on the troll so he can't move, then its 3 on 3 and easier to handle. make sure that the troll stays under the effects of Fear until you have wiped out one set of enemies so that only 3 are on the field at once, then fight normally and it should be easier to handle. Good luck!