Review by amber2749

"Atari must have not enjoyed making this game as much as you won't enjoy playing it."

Hello, this is a review for Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 for the PlayStation 2 (U.S.A. Release). And, I have to tell you, this game is very unremarkable and has many flaws which prevent any real fun. In fact, the only players who could suck the least bit of fun out of this game are fans of the show. Let me elaborate, if you please.

The graphics. I admit, not the worst I've seen, but they can honestly do better. I find the fighters block-like and hard-to-handle. Regardless, they were tolerable and the least of our worries concerning this game. Still, it makes the game less fun and the characters are harder to control due to the largeness of their builds. The only characters I find not affected by this poor use of graphics are the smaller, less ripped characters.

Controls are the next thing I must comment on. The are similar to most fighting games, alterable and confusing. The whole "X = Block unless on Super Move when it is used t select the power level unless you press back which makes it a Ki Attack" getup does not work for me. At all. I'm not a usual gamer: I play Harvest Moon and Pokemon mainly, so I may not be used to this whole complex system, but let's give the new kids a little slack. They play video games, too.

Now for the undeniable story-line. I've got two words for you: too short. No spoilers included, let's give it a run down: "Run around, kill some dudes, see some cut-scenes." Wow, that killed a perfectly good 15 minutes! If you want a short storyline, go read a poem, because this is a waste of your irreplaceable time. Actually, this may be the worst part of the game.

Hm, now, what am I missing? Oh, yes, replay value! For the replay value, I'd rate it 0/10. Yes, not in my valuable life I would replay this poor excuse for an activity. There are multiple characters, all with similar (if not exact) story-lines in the DU. Playing certain characters unlock certain events and items, but really, is it worth it? No, I thought not.

Overall, I rate Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 "Bad - not a very enjoyable game." That's a 3/10. Don't believe me? Go ahead. Buy the game. It's your loss, not mine. I really, honestly warn you, however: This game is a waste of time and money.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 05/26/09

Game Release: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (US, 11/16/04)