Review by liquidussnak66

"A totally realistic experience"

This has got to be one of the most realistic games for the PS2. I won't bore you with all of the stories of how I came to get this game, and other stuff like that. I know you just want the review and nothing else. So without further ado, I present to you my review of Black for the PS2...

This has got to be the coolest game to show off to your friends, but it's not that easy to just pick and play. There were some instances where I wanted to rip my hair out (ahem...graveyard). But, that also means that when you finally beat the part, you get an overwhelming sense of satisfaction. Along with this, the flawlessness of the controls can really get you into the game... a lot. It's truly immersive. In conclusion, this game has awesome gameplay with little flaws here and there.

Oh my God!!! This has freakin' awesome sound. Although with a standard sound, it will sound good, surround sound wil amaze you. Every detail is accounted for in the audio. You can hear bullets whizzing, and the sound of and RPG flying at you is really cool. It feels as though you're actually in the battlezone. It's actually really crazy, especially when you pump up the volume,it's amazing. Truly amazing. All in all, the sound for this game is the best I've ever heard!!

Once again, holy crap!!! This makes me feel as though I'm playing a PS3 game. The details are so articulated (like the way the slide recoils when you shoot a rapid-fire weapon) they make it seem so real. This, coupled with the outstanding sound, make you feel as though you're in the game. The lighting is amazing in this game. I could go on and on about how good the graphics are, but that would just waste your time. In short, this game doesn't make me care how the nex-gen games will look, as it looks like they're already here.

The story, on the other hand, is absolutely crappy. It was something about the CIA or something. Whatever, you won't even care, as long as you keep the game going. You won't miss much. It's not like this is Metal Gear Solid or something. So, I don't really care about the story. You might like it or you might not. I personally don't like it. But don't let this discourage you. It's still a good game. So, a good game and a bad story. It's still worth the ride!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/12/06