Review by Colonel_Asshat

"What the fudge?! Where'd that RPG come from?!"

Introduction:

Welcome to the world of Black Ops. Where the bullets are flying, and the bodies are falling. There's no place like the battlefield. Thank you for reading my review. I hope it helps.

Black is your basic First Person Shooter (you are looking through the eyes of your character). There is something about Black that makes it stand out from other FPS though.

The missions are pretty long. There are 8 missions, and it will probably take at least an hour to finish each one. They range from asylums, to bridges, to destroyed cities. Each mission has objectives, and usually you must complete at least half of them to complete it.

The choice of weapons are also fairly different. Most games give you a generic load out. Shotgun, Rifle, Handgun, and Grenades. Black has a pretty nice assortment of real life weaponry.

The story is so-so. You play as Keller, a Black Ops Operative. You've been detained for questioning, and each mission is what he is currently being asked about. Nothing much really.

Graphics/Sound 10/10

These are absolutely amazing in both categories. Black has some of the finest graphics the PS2 has seen. As for sound, I've heard it's amazing with surround sound, but I don't know. Still, it sounds impressive coming from a mono speaker or headphones.

Play Time/Replayability 9/10

It will probably take you close to 10 hours to beat it on Normal. Once you do, you unlock silver weapons which makes all the weapons silver, and gives you Inf. Ammo.

As you go to higher difficulties, you lose the ability you carry medpacks for later use. You have to rely on finding health when you need it. So, I'd add another 5 hours to Hard and Black Ops difficulty.

Final Recommendation

Black is an excellent shooter. One of the best I've played since Red Faction or Halo. I highly recommend buying or renting this game. I do believe it is money well spent.

I hope that by reading this review, it has helped you with with your purchase, or rental of the game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/08/06