Review by BoboBobThe3rd

"Better, but still isn't NBA Street"

First off I believe that this game is MUCH better than NFL Street 1. The only real addition in the sense of gameplay is wall moves. Wall moves allow you to juke, hurtle, pass, catch, or even intercept by jumping of a wall (I know it sounds weird, but it works). They also added something that the first game needed badly, a real "story mode." It isn't exactly a story mode, but in addition to NFL Challenge mode, which was the main mode in the last game, they added "Own The City Mode," which allows you to play a single person, instead of an entire team (they also have the team mode).

Gameplay: 9
The gameplay is very similar to the last game, but with the addition of wall moves, as I said above. The gameplay is cleaner, and now players don't drop the ball when you ask them to turn left. Fumbles were made much more sensible, and not as random. The gameplay is simple, good, and clean.

Story: 8
There isn't a story in the usual sense, so this grade doesn't mean that much. The mode that would be considered the games story (or the two of them) are quite good, but they lack and plot. This is excusable, as this is a sports game. For a sports game thought it's story mode is quite good. There is a point to the gameplay (not just trying to make and win the playoffs), so I felt that this needed to be included.

Graphics: 9
The graphics are clear and very detailed. They are better than the first (by quite a bit), and allow for better control over the game. The graphics are a big upside to this game and make it a much better game overall.

Sound: 8
The sounds are clear and make sense. It has a nice soundtrack with no "bad songs." All the songs are pleasant and blend in well. The sounds are all well integrated, except for the taunts before the play is called. These taunts are the only bad part of the sounds section. They are repetitive and annoying. Overall though, the sounds are quite good.

Play Time/Replayability: 10
This game can last for a least 30 hours or more if you want. It has many great single player game modes and a good multiplayer one. All the modes have a great replay value. This is a game that will take some time to get through, but only if you want it to.

Overall: 9
Overall this is a great game, and in my opinion one of the best sports game ever. There are no big problems with this game, and I would suggest buying it as it can take a while to beat, and it's worth keeping for the multiplayer.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/05