Review by Komania

"Call me crazy but I think this is the best Harvest Moon yet!"

I've read about this game and a lot of people have said bad things about it. I've played Save the Homeland, Friends of Mineral Town, More Friends of Mineral Town and DS. Even after playing all of those games this one is the best!

I can describe the graphics in one word... but I won't. The graphics are too lovely to just rush by them. They are beautifully colorful and are very smooth. The graphics are very well done but keep the cute and cartoony style of the previous Harvest Moon games. There is a lot of detail put in and makes playing the game way more enjoyable.

Music: 7/10
Heh heh... I wish I could say that I LOVED the music, but I have to tell the truth. The sound isn't all that great. I mean sure it's nice but gets repetitive and annoying after spring of year one. You start out with two records at first. Both songs are nice and relaxing but you get tired of them pretty quickly. The reason I gave this a seven is because the music outside your farm is nice but you don't hear it that often. Although you can get other records to play, you get tired with them quickly as well and it takes a while to get them anyways.

The sound makes up for the music big time. The sound is very realistic and well done. You can hear the sounds your tools make as well as the sounds your animals make. I tell you, hearing the cows moo and the chickens cluck makes caring for your animals way more enjoyable.

I simply loved the gameplay. It lets you do so much more than in the others. You can expand your farm by adding new buildings such as a processing room as well as buying machines like a fertilizer maker and a seed maker. There are plenty of animals to get from cats to sheep to even goats. There are also many people in the town to befriend and plenty of events that makes farming twice as fun. You get to marry one of four lovely woman and have either a son or a daughter to raise. You can buy toys for your kid and teach him/her how to farm or help him/her chose a new career path. The only reason that I did not give gameplay a ten is because of a horrible lag. You will get used to it but it can get annoying sometimes. All in all, a great game.

Replay Value: 10/10
Like all Harvest Moons, you can keep playing forever. In this Harvest Moon, even when the main game is finished (A.K.A. story mode) you can play free roam mode.

Rent or buy?
Buy! Buy! Buy! This game will keep you entertained for ages. If you are still not convinced, rent the game at least. It will be worth it.

A truly great game.