Review by Dante_Meta

"A Good Game, But Could've Been Better."

This game is... An odd one; it's one of those “You love it, or you hate it.” games. InuYasha has become fairly popular across North America. So obviously I had to check this game out. I originally saw a review of this on TV, and that's how I found out about it. All in all, it was alright. But I was expecting better.

These just work out great. It uses the cursed “Kiddy Graphics” (As most people call them) known as Cel-Shading. And unlike in most games, it actually helps. It sticks truer to the origin of the game, the Anime. It makes the background beautiful and the characters great. In short, they're good for this type of game.

Overall, the sounds were good. The only down point was the fact the only thing from the games were the voices. Plus the cut scenes were quiet, so you had to turn up your TV, and then turn it back down after. Not much more to say about this part.

Replay value: 3/10

This is the part that hurts the game the most. There is almost no replay value whatsoever. Story Mode will take you anywhere from 20-50 minutes to complete. And by that, I mean every Story Mode, not just one. There's “Battle Mode” which is essentially VS mode. You can choose a Computer or a friend. The normal; then they have this thing called “Mission Mode.” What this is, is just that. Something of a Campaign; you do missions and eventually reach the end. Fun the first time, then it gets fairly old.

Very basic; predictably, the one with the most combos is InuYasha. Everyone else has a very, very basic combo list. (Bankotsu only has TWO combos!) Even so, it still flows together nicely. This is a type of game for someone who doesn't want Tekken 5 style, such as having 60 combos per character. Most of the combos in this game are pretty much the same. Each character has a “Special Attack” which is executed by pressing circle once your gauge is filled up. When you're affinity with your partner is the maximum, you can do a sort of “Double Attack” which is essentially, a stronger version of your Special Attack. And unlike a normal fighting game, it has a 3D aspect to it. You're not stuck in front of your enemy; you can choose where to move, and when you want to move.

It's a good game for Fans of the Anime and those who aren't looking for a complex fighting game. But for those who are used to Tekken and such and aren't fans of the Anime. I say at least rent it first.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 09/05/06