Review by brolyfan001

"In my opinion, it's better than Mario Party!!!"

This is an example of Nickelodeon trying to make a party game. And, in my opinion, and you'll probably agree with me when you play this, is a success. I do believe it is the fourth game in the SpongeBob franchise for Playstation 2. First, there was SpongeBob SquarePants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. Then came SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Next came SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie. Now, it is SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants! However, it is different from the ones before it. It is not really an action/adventure game. It is a party game.

Story--- 10/10

I really enjoy the story behind SBSP: Lights, Camera, Pants. A director (who is a shark) is going to shoot a new Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy movie. He needs to choose the villian of the movie. The people of Bikini Bottom hear of this and all want to audition. He chooses people to host the auditions in all the areas of Bikini Bottom. For example, he holds auditions at Krusty Krab. And, he chooses Bubble Bass to watch over the games.

Gameplay--- 10/10

For each area you play in (Jellyfish Fields, Krusty Krab, etc) there are three mini-games. The game play varies between all of the mini-games, but is pretty simple. When you're on one game, for example, when it's loading, it will give the controls of the game before you play it.

Graphics--- 8/10

The graphics are what you'd expect for a cartoon-game. They are cartoony. But, they are still acceptable. They aren't to the likes of Halo or Metal Gear Solid, but they're not lowered to the level of a Playstation one game.

Sound--- 10/10

The sound is great for SBSP: LCP. All the original voice actors are in the game. There isn't a variety of music in the game, though. But, there are a ton of sound effects on all the levels. And, the characters will make comments during game play, too. And, it can be mildly amusing.

Replayability--- 8/10

Since it is a party game, it has high replayability. And, you'll want to play certain games over and over. Some of the games can tend to be boring, and you'll never want to play them again, but some of the games can kick butt and you'll want to play them over and over. Also adding to the replayability is being able to unlock extras for each mini-game. You can unlock things like artwork and action figures (just to view). You can also unlock a few more mini-games, as well.

Difficulty--- 5/10

The difficulty really depends on the difficulty (no pun intended) and the ability of the player. There are three story modes. Bronze (easy), silver (medium) and gold (hard). The only ways it is difficult is you have to get a higher score to pass the mini-game on higher levels. Say, on bronze mode, you'll have to get at least 1,000 points to pass a mini-game. But, on silver mode, you'll have to get 2,000.

Final Recommendation

I recommend this to anyone who is a fan of SpongeBob or who likes party games. Little kids will love it. Some teens and adults may like it. I enjoy it.

Rent or buy?

If you're not a big fan of SpongeBob or party games, I'd rent it first. But, if you love SpongeBob, you'll probably love the game, and you should buy it.

HAPPY GAMING!