Review by SnowStormIanAmy

"Better than expected."

When I heard about the game Shadow the Hedgehog coming out, I was a little cautious. I didn't know what to expect in this game. Well, it is better than expected, although it can be a little too fast at times.

Graphics: 9/10 This game is far superior to any Sonic 3D game before it, even Sonic Heroes. The cutscenes look like they belong to a movie, and the world that you are exploring is detailed good..

Gameplay: 4/10 This is where Shadow the Hedgehog falls flat on its face. Yes Shadow can you weapons, and you can pick which side Shadow should be (Hero or Dark side.) But because the PS2 Version can be a bit jumpy at time, it make the game feel too fast at times. Also the Camera angles can lead you to some risky moves you do not want to do. Although having character joining you helps a little in this game, you do not control them, and they well do something you do not want them to do.

Storyline: 8/10 The best thing about this game is that you can choose which side Shadow should be siding with. Siding with a certain side (Hero or Dark side) will allow Shadow to gain different abilities that he can use. Also which side you are with will lead to different stages for Shadow, and ultimately, different endings as well. However, it could of been improved.

Sounds/Voicing: 7/10 This game got sounds that rivals some of the best shooting games out there. Voicing is another thing. Although the 4KidsTV voice acting is good in this game, they just don't seem right for this game. Knuckles, for example, seems too excited. Tails, however, do sound better than the previous Sonic games.

Final Recommendation: If you are into Sonic, I would recommend this game to you. However, because the game can be too fast at times, you want to rent it first before you want to buy it. Is it a Ratchet and Clank Challenger? No, but it is better than you think it is.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 11/28/05