Review by RandomPerson3

"Good time waster."

The Sims 2 is a step up from the original Sims for the Playstation 2, in my opinion. The graphics, sound, and such were of greater quality and the gameplay was more enjoyable.

Gameplay 7/10

The gameplay was fun! I really enjoyed controlling the sims first hand with the analog stick. Though some problems were that I'd keep on accidentally running into the walls (Probably because I haven't used the analog stick in a while. Damn the FFVII adictiveness). And also the way you interact with the sims has been improved upon, but I find it harder to get crushes and lovers. Though I really wish you could have actual conversations...but that's just a fond wish of mine.

The new want system is nice for when you really have nothing to do with your sims. Though it tends to contradict itself. One time one of my sims goals were “Go to work in Business” and another want was “Take a day off,” while the fears were “Missing the carpool,” and “Going to work.” Yeah….I just decided to go to work and get the promotion. Also they tend to repeat. Another one of my characters has been abducted three times already and still wants more!

The clothes look better this time around, but I was disappointed in the selection. I spend forever trying to find just a simple black shirt for one of my characters. And you can't really see what the clothes will look like till you try them on. Some will just be slightly altered versions of another shirt or tanktop.

Also the game tends to take FOREVER to load and save. And will lag a bit. That really hurt the play in my eyes.

Story N/A

Even though there is a story mode, there's not much to call a story.

Graphics and Sound 7/10

This game was good graphic wise. The sims looked much better than they did in the original version. Though some parts looked a bit odd in my opinion. The graphics were better. Though I found that the items at times tend to be a bit bland.

As for the sound, I find the way the sims talk to be a bit annoying after a while. Henceforth leading me to skip through most of the conversations. At first the music was great, but then I tended to not notice it.

Overall 9/10

This thing was addicting! The time flew by when I first rented it. It suddenly went from one O'clock to three to five in no time at all. Despite it's faults it will seriously eat up all your free time and get your parents/spouse/roommate/Girl(boy)friend ticked for when your late to the bus/school/work/that important date in which you were gonna proposed (or get proposed to).

But like all games I suggest renting first and seeing for yourself whether you like ‘em. I just wanted to add my two cents.

Total 8/10