Review by monkeydance994

"Best. War. Game. Ever."

Wow . . . I really don't know where to start. This game is a true gem among gems. It is, in simple words, one of the best video games ever, let alone shooters. Reasons for this are very many. Read on for some of them.

Okay, we'll start with the worst part. The graphics. Despite how much I like this game, I have to say that the graphics, well, suck. The soldiers are all the time running around half crouched looking like a constipated dog. And their legs look weird to, and they are moving way to fast, while the character doesn't really move as fast as his legs take him. That's pretty messed up, and you have to admit. Even I admit that and I am probably
one of this game's biggest fans.

The game play is fantastic. The controls are really nice, so you find yourself moving very fluidly like as you kill all the Germans. Easy crouch and shooting buttons make the game flow easily, and the utter intenseness of each battle makes this some of the best game play in a shooter.

This game also has some cool little things that most people don't even notice. For example, I know that a lot of games have this, but when you aim, you look down the barrel of your gun instead of just zooming in. Yeah, I know, not much of a feature, but I like it. The battle chatter also adds to the fun, as it makes the game much more realistic, but sometimes unrealistic as your squad mates, mostly under you in rank, know what to do more than you do. I doubt the privates tell the sergeants what to do in most real wars.

And my favorite part is the characters. And yes, that is proper grammar before you go look it up and call me a redneck. This game has an EXTREME character system, if there ever was a character. It has the most people-like AI I have ever seen in my entire life (which isn't very long). And some of them *SPOILER* die, but I won't list names, and it will truly make you sad. I think, unless you are a black-hearted cold-blooded killer. Well, maybe not, but still, they are quite real and that makes this game the masterpiece that it is.

So after reading this, I hope you realize that you MUST play this game. If you like video games, or even games period, I can almost guarantee you will like this one.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/27/07