Review by _bender_

"Good, realistic game."

Call of Duty 2

Story:8/10
It's okay, you get to play as, "The Big Red One" America's most legendary infantry division. You get to play through their eyes.

It was all pretty good, all the debris and ground textures were nice. Soldiers have different designs, so you can tell them apart from each other. Although, during one of the, 'demos' when you start up the game, the graphics look sorta choppy and not too good.

Sounds: 9/10
I don't know, the weapons sound pretty realistic to me. Voice's are good, don't sound (IMO) too cheesy. Another thing you can tell the soldiers apart with. Dialogue is good, and has a bit of humor in it.

Re-playability:7/10
Actually, I still haven't finished the game. And that's something I should do today. I gave a seven because I don't think you get anything different the second time around. Although if you beat it, you unlock pictures with facts about the weapons. Still, there's online play if you get bored with the campaign mode.

Game-play: 9/10
Game-play varies, as you can control different vehicles such as tanks. But you also get to man the turrets on planes and trucks, that adds a little variation. Aiming is great, because some shooters I've played seem a bit too sensitive.

Online's good, isn't choppy or anything like that. Although, it was a bit hard for me to get into some of the games. Oh yeah, the online games. It can be ruined by the same reason you play it. The players. There's quite a bit of camping, and if you're like me, I want to go face to face and blow 'em all away. Campers and team killers, they really ruin the fun for the rest of us.

Originality: 6/10
Well, there's already alot of WWII shooters. Isn't very original.

Overall:9/10
I might've given it a 10/10 if there had been split-screen. But there isn't, so you're forced to play online if you want to play with humans. It's also a bit linear, and that drops the score too. Realisticness boosts the score up a little.

Buy or rent?

I would say buy, it's a great game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/16/06