Review by shorty_jj21

"Great WWII shooter"

Introduction

Call of Duty: Big Red One Collectors Edition is a great game to pick up if you are a fan of this genre. The first few seconds of this game will astound you. The graphics and sound are phenomenal, especially for being a PS2 game. The extras are worth any extra monies spent, as they are very interesting. This game takes you into the beginnings of the USA involvement of WWII and is a rollercoaster of a ride.

Story 9/10

These kind of games (at least as I have witness) usually have a very good story and this one is no exception. You are a new recruit of the USA Big Red Division and you are in some of the greater battles of WWII. One thing that I love about Call of Duty is in Game Movies that they have. Both the real life black and whites and the CGI's.

Game Play 8/10

The only reason I am rating this as an 8 out of 10 is that the controls can become a little bothersome, especially when you control a tank. Not to mention if you are used to the previous Call of Duty the controls can become a little confusing. Otherwise, the game play is good. Aside controller problems that I had, I found that game play is very smooth and fluid. The game is not easy, or hard in normal mode. Moreover, the storyline is consistent throughout the game. You know what is going on and why you are on a particular mission at all times. Moreover, the AI characters for a change are helpful during battles rather than a nuance.

Graphics and Sound 9/10

The graphics and sound are awesome. Planes whiz by you in detail. In one mission, you actually shoot down planes with an AA gun and it is very detailed. The sound is very crisp and clear. If you zone out enough you can almost feel like you really are there in the game.

Re-playability

I am not going to rate this out of fairness to the game and to you the reader. The game has multiplayer mode so this suggests to me that the replay value of the game is high. You can also play this game on-line. I usually do not do either so I will leave it at that.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/06/06